Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Do you think restrictions should be applied to the jobs offered / required section?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I think that we should continue to allow anyone to post up a job / apply for a job offered

21 32.31%
  • Yes - The restrictions detailed in the first post are a good idea and should be inplemented

41 63.08%
  • Yes - but not those detailed in the OP. I have given my suggestion in the thread.

3 4.62%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Your thoughts on proposed changes to Jobs Offered / Required section

Anymore thoughts on this?

Yes, get it done before our latest "agent" starts peddling his wares!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Yes, get it done before our latest "agent" starts peddling his wares!
    But if members choose to apply for any jobs that they post up, and gain extra work out of it, is that such a bad thing?

(Annoying that people 'use' us like that - yes, but if members benefit.......)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Anymore thoughts on this?
    Yes, I understand where Steve (Cheese) is coming from as I know him, he is local, a great party DJ and one of the good guys, someone you could trust, but this is the whole crux of the issue in that quite often you have no idea about the integrity of the person offering the work if they are new.

At the very least, making someone get involved in the forum first helps you get a feel for what they are about whether they are offering or accepting work. It isn't fool proof but it is a start.

The other thing I had in mind relates to my own business. As many know I am aiming to retire from DJing at the end of 2011 (or sooner if possible), so First Dance DJs is set to become a proper agency from the beginning of next year.

My intention is to buy an advertising package and recruit DJs and offer work through my own forum section. Perhaps this should be a requirement if you are an official agency/multi op rather than offering to pass on the odd job here and there to help customers out?
    Exit stage left...

I think it's a good idea - but why not have a seperate section for agencies wanting/supplying DJ's - so we fully understand what's on offer.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

Other (non-disco) forums I've used, also vbulletin based - main top-of-my-head example being the one with 'A', 'V' and 'forums' in its name, have the ability to place 'trading bans' on members whilst allowing them to remain fully active in all other respects.

Just throwing this on the table for consideration.

Any plans to make a Eire jobs section ? I know it might be empty most of the time, but might get used if was available ?

Default Like this

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    I think it's a good idea - but why not have a seperate section for agencies wanting/supplying DJ's - so we fully understand what's on offer.
    Good Idea

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Paulie View Post
    Any plans to make a Eire jobs section ? I know it might be empty most of the time, but might get used if was available ?
    Added.