Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ardleigh Green House, Essex - Be Warned

Unhappy Ardleigh Green House, Essex - Be Warned

My friend had just finished his gig at Ardleigh Green House last night and after breaking down his rig started to load his kit into his van. He was gone only a few mins, but as he returned most of his kit had been stolen, via another exit to the building.

He is still unsure as to whether this was just opportunist thieves, or planned, so just be warned if you ever have to work here.

Sad times....
    2Groove DJ Services
    http://www.2Groove.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mccallb View Post
    My friend had just finished his gig at Ardleigh Green House last night and after breaking down his rig started to load his kit into his van. He was gone only a few mins, but as he returned most of his kit had been stolen, via another exit to the building.

He is still unsure as to whether this was just opportunist thieves, or planned, so just be warned if you ever have to work here.

Sad times....
    Silly question--was van locked?

Sorry for the confusuion, the kit was dismantled still in the venue (just after the gig had finished) and he was loading it from the venue to the van.

The thieves had waited until he's started to move it to the van, when they struck.
    2Groove DJ Services

Sorry to hear stories like this in fact me and Dan were in Essex saturday night. I always break all my kit down ready before I go to the van to open it.

Any idea of the kit taken by the way. Its useful incase some members see said ideas on ebay/cash converters etc...
    Last edited by DeckstarDeluxe; 08-11-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Beat me to it...
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I think they got away with 2 new JBL 515's, 2 ADj TriLED Sunrays, HD with all his tunes, Sony Headphones, Revo4 and all his leads.

Grrrrr.
    2Groove DJ Services

Idiots.

How do they sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Idiots.

How do they sleep at night.
    Very easily Charlie I've charity boxes stolen from my shop one for terminally ill children the other for a local hospice.

It should be a warning to all of us if there's another way in and out accessible by strangers, try and get the barman or someone to watch your gear when you're not, if you can.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Did the venue not have any CCTV or any staff around?
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

I think he's checking back there today with regards to CCTV.
    2Groove DJ Services

Quote Originally Posted by mccallb View Post

Sad times....
    Unfortunately Ardliegh suffers from a fair bit of theft from lock ups and vans,it is always being reported in my local paper,i am about half an hour the other way from there i'll keep my eyes and ears open