Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Complaint Procedure

Any worthwhile complaints procedure would require and an 'independent' third party. For example, in a larger business a complaint about an individual would be dealt with by their manager, a complaint about a department would be handled in another department and so on. If a complaint remianed unresolved then it go to arbitration via an Ombudsman or trade body. Usually, this is to meet a box ticking exercise (customer care, iso 9000 etc).

It's simply not necessary for a small business to have a complaints procedure. My local chippy hasn't got a complaints procedure, nor has the newsagent next door infact, very few small business have. So we do we need one. I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Any worthwhile complaints procedure would require and an 'independent' third party. For example, in a larger business a complaint about an individual would be dealt with by their manager, a complaint about a department would be handled in another department and so on. If a complaint remianed unresolved then it go to arbitration via an Ombudsman or trade body. Usually, this is to meet a box ticking exercise (customer care, iso 9000 etc).

It's simply not necessary for a small business to have a complaints procedure. My local chippy hasn't got a complaints procedure, nor has the newsagent next door infact, very few small business have. So we do we need one. I think not.

ppentertainments

The question in the OP was not 'do you think I need a complaints procedure'.

I have taken advice from a legal professional who advised me that having a complaint procedure in place could help with any complaints I have.

Drawing up a complaints procedure will not take long and can be stored on the computer SHOULD it ever be needed. One point she did make was that, although highly unlikely, it is possible for a bride to complain many months or even years after an event. If a complaints procedure is in place a route can be followed for any complaint and even a timescale stated of how long you, or your company, will look in to complaints. It makes it even less unlikely that anyone will complain.

Now in the real world it is highly unlikely anyone would take matters further is you supplied a disco for a couple of hundred pounds and was rubbish. However, if you are supplying 'all day services' at say a £30k wedding - ceremony music, uplighting, pa hire etc etc and the bride thought you did not fulfil your contract there is nothing stopping them taking action to recompense the expenses of the full day - which in their eyes you have ruined.

Apart from this, there is the business image aspect. I undertake a lot of corporate bookings who often 'love paperwork'. This is one small addition to that paperwork.

I would like to thank those who have constuctively commented - Daz, you letter looks very well worded, many thanks for sharing.

If you feel that this is not needed for your business fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions, however I think this is something I need so therefore WILL produce a complaint procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post

Things like this are one of the many reasons I think you can justify a premium price for a premium service.
    I don't think any more needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

[if you are supplying 'all day services' at say a £30k wedding]
    Next time you get one of those in Chris. Let me know if you need a hand

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ