Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite music videos?

All of the Foo Fighters videos are pretty good. They went through a stage of acting out the stories in their videos and 'Learn to Fly' is a classic example.

Gary Numan - 'Cars' is one of my favourite videos because it was one of the first I saw. He is actually noted as being the first artist to have an official video released in 1979 (his live concert from 1979). It was released 2 weeks before Blondie's 'Eat to the Beat' video.

This is also one of my favourite videos - Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

{It is completely eclip[sed by the yardstick which is [B]Robert Palmer -Addicted to love]
    Oh yes Peter. Forgot about that Let's just remind ourselves

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Not sure why, but this video has always stuck in my mind:-

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    If it's relevant, i do watch music videos ....

This is a timeless classic imo.

YouTube - Beastie Boys - Sabotage
    Love that tune.

billy oceans "when the going gets tough" always gets a reaction whenever I play it. micheal douglas and kathleen turner trying to dance and danny devito pretending to play sax. can you imagine any of the current crop of hollywood actors doind something like that now ?

For me, two that have previously been mentioned

Take On Me - Aha - I can remember when I first watched it and as the animation kicked it all off I though 'blimey, no bloke can be that good looking' and then the real Morten appeared and I was right - great video at the time though and the tune wasn't that shabby, although I preferred 'The Sun Always Shines On TV'

And

Wild Boys - Duran - Being firmly in the Depeche Mode camp I wasn't particularily a 'Duranie', but again when the full version of this video came out (was it the wilder than wild version or something), anyway it was all over the press because Le Bon was being a drama queen saying he'd nearly 'drowned' after being strapped to the windmill, and then when you watched it, he hardly gets his hair wet!!! Still another great video, even though the song was one of Durans poorer ones IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cowey (Soundscapes) View Post
    billy oceans "when the going gets tough" always gets a reaction whenever I play it. micheal douglas and kathleen turner trying to dance and danny devito pretending to play sax. can you imagine any of the current crop of hollywood actors doind something like that now ?
    What, say like Christopher Walken lipsyncing his way through somebody elses pop video, naw it'd never happen now-a-days......sheesh kebab!!!!!
    Last edited by simonp; 14-11-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Love this tune. Lots of debate over the meaning but seems quite clear to me.

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries