Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lexmark printers?

Default Lexmark printers?

I've always used Canon all-in-one inkjets, which produce very good results, but Lexmark have some very good offers on at the moment so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of them and what they thought of the quality.

We have a Lexmark and although not a bad printer it tended to go through cartridges pretty quick. (Black + Colour)
    Tended to get exspnsive that way - my fault should have got a mixed on really - you live and learn.
    It also, when replaced, needed to be reinstalled everytime. Copier was a good quality.....all in all....not bad 7/10.

IMO.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

The way it goes lexmark do really cheap printer but the ink it well top money.

Epson have really good printers and cheap ink

Actually, the ones I'm looking at are really good on ink, and are cited by the review bodies inc. 'Which' as being some of the most cost-effective on consumables (eg B&W 1p per page!)

They are currently offering £150 or £200 cash-back, plus a 5 year warranty on their top of the range all-in-one inkjets, which make them very attractive...... but only if the print/copy/scan quality is up to par.

Epson - no thank you. Not had good experiences with them! (Owned one as a back-up printer and also had experience in mainstream office environments)

Not an inkjet user; I have the 724? colour laser and it's a cracking machine. Very well screwed together and very reasonable running costs. Software works a treat on all platforms including OSX (unusually) and isn't full of bloat. Just how a good printer driver should be.

As a business Lexmark user of old, I have no problems with them whatsoever.

I normally go for HP and have to say that the current machine is very fast and I have only changed the carts (4 of them) probably once or twice in the 2 years that I've had it. They do seem to last a while.

I had Lexmark years ago, but it was very basic, so probably not what you're looking at.

At work they use HP printers throughout.

Fantastic quality and very reliable.

I've had the Lexmark X4650 for nearly 2 years now Angela, I've had no problems with it - It's also Wi-Fi - The print quality is great and I like the added bonus of the Lexmark Productivity Studio as well.
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I've had Lexmark's in the past but found a set of ink carts cost more than the printer. For example, Argos were selling a printer for £29.99 but a set of carts was about £36! Something not quite right there!

These days I have an HP MFP which is really good and the print-per-page costs are reasonable. I also have an older compact Canon printer which I can take to client meetings to print info there and then.

I'm now looking at a Samsung colour laser which I'm hoping to order after Christmas - when I have spendable funds again!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I always find the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the ink is. I have had cheap Lexmarks but found it was cheaper to buy a new printer everytime rather than buying 2 cartridges that woulod work out £10 more expensive.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?