Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding Pricing

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Same price as any other date for me.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I didn't charge any extra over and beyond 'double rate' for the millennium.

I won't be charging any more on the date of the Royal wedding. Just another day as far as I'm concerned.
    Of corse it is your a foreigner although they do spend allot of time in Balmoral.

You wait till all the hype kicks off and your phones off the hook for wedding bookings for that date/weekend.

Having said that the wedding may not have any guests as they will all be watching TV or in london.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    Normal pricing here too, you sound like you're only in it for a fast buck Toby. Tut Tut!

I'm not saying you ARE, but that's the way this post come across
    Im the first to not think of money too much and I often do some gigs for far less than i would normally if its either easy or last min and I have nothing else to do.

I just think It will be a good and popular weekend and maybe I could offer some added extras which may link in with the day. I always increase my prices at popular times such as bank hols and this is a bank hol.
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-11-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare - worse than the Cup Final with your home town team playing. Many people will be glued to their TV all day.

It'll probably be a midweek wedding - so does that mean you'll be reducing your rate Toby ;o)

Cheers, Paul ;o)
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare - worse than the Cup Final with your home town team playing. Many people will be glued to their TV all day.

It'll probably be a midweek wedding - so does that mean you'll be reducing your rate Toby ;o)

Cheers, Paul ;o)
    Agreed, same price as usual. What about all those couples who have planned their wedding date before the Royal Wedding date and we have already quoted ?
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I think it's appalling that anyone would even think about raising their prices just because the date coincides with a royal wedding.

There certainly won't be any change in the pricing here.
    Thank you! My thoughts too.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare
    I don't see why. Although it's a bit far in advance to plan your gardening.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I see it as charging a couple for their wedding, not the royal wedding.

Just because they get married on the same day as a royal wedding why should they pay more.

Business is business, you quote a price and the client either agrees to it or they don't. I don't see how that's appalling, and I wouldn't judge others about it.

If it is true that couples will try to get married on the same day, then that is going to create an increase in demand for that particular date. If you're a solo operator, you can only take on booking on that date, so you might as well maximise your revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I think it's appalling that anyone would even think about raising their prices just because the date coincides with a royal wedding.

There certainly won't be any change in the pricing here.
    I totally misread the O/P. I genuinely thought Toby was asking to quote the Royal Wedding! ("Yes, your Royal Highness, we can do the five hour evening reception for a bargain £60. Seeing as it's you, mind, I wouldn't do it this cheap for anyone else!").

Seriously, though, I can see where Toby is coming from. If there is a lot of couples wanting to get married the same day then the laws of supply and demand would inevitable push prices up. However, from my business point of view, my prices are my prices and will remain the same.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    it's a bit far in advance to plan your gardening.
    Damn got in there before me.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/