Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone use the RCF Art 902 sub?

Default anyone use the RCF Art 902 sub?

Looking to downsize my active sub and found this for a good price with warranty but will one suffice? Would appreciate if anyone who has heard or used it could comment. thanks

I have heard one in a demo at a local dj shop. Not bad it is loud however it is not a 905 if you see what I mean. If having only 1 sub i would say get the 905. I do not think the 902 is up to the job on its own you would need a pair for any audiences over 150.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

thanks. the 905 spec is a spl of 131dB v 130dB for the 902.
    Think I'll give it a listen anyways

spl isnt everything the tone is different as well.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Default ?

Can anybody answer this for me.

Whith the cheaper active subs, the spl and the sensitivity is usually lower, so does this make the high pass out signal that goes to the mid/ tops( via the amplifier) lower and in doing so make the mid/ tops perform worse?

Question

Anyone

So, no takers on this question.

No, it makes no difference at all.

Back to the 902's. Depends on the size of venue but let's say for a busy medium sized WMC concert room, one wouldn't be enough. For a small room in a pub, one would do. Of course, it depends how you define bass. A lot of people on here use Db sub15D's and they rave about them. Personally, I think they are hopeless but that's probably more to do with my idea of what bass should sound like. I went through some fairly lengthy testing / demo's of all the RCF subs and in the end went for the 18 inch Digital 4 Pro. At a claimed 134db, one of these is enough for most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    No, it makes no difference at all.

Back to the 902's. Depends on the size of venue but let's say for a busy medium sized WMC concert room, one wouldn't be enough. For a small room in a pub, one would do. Of course, it depends how you define bass. A lot of people on here use Db sub15D's and they rave about them. Personally, I think they are hopeless but that's probably more to do with my idea of what bass should sound like. I went through some fairly lengthy testing / demo's of all the RCF subs and in the end went for the 18 inch Digital 4 Pro. At a claimed 134db, one of these is enough for most situations.
    thanks, so i should stick with the qsc hpr151i that has a dpec of 133dB?

I use 2 RCF 902s for prob about 95% of my work. If someone told me a year or so ago that I would be going out with just 2 compact 12 inch subs I would have laughed. They are awsum and I really don't think anyone should say different unless they have actually taken them out in various types of venues playing various types of music.

I have lots of different bits of kit as I do sometimes have more than just me out working and I also do a lot of big hires. I have some double 18 Ohm bins, Martin Audio single 18s, some big old EV double 18s...forget what they are called and 3 pairs of the DAS single 18s. I also have a Bose PAS with 2 of the add-on amps and a total of 8 B1 bins.

I started using different kit depending on venue size, number of folk and type of music etc. Now I have got fed up of all the extra work and on my small SWB van which is the one I go out in personally I carry the Bose and a pair of 902s and pair of 710s. Its the 902/710 combi that I use most. You can get bogged down with specifications though, basically that system is about as small as you can get away with for most work, it is 3.5k RMS and I have lost count of the bands that have turned up with a couple of Sprinters full of junk, they stack speakers to the ceiling and tie them together with rachet straps and laugh at my little speakers till I start to play and that whipes the smile off their faces.

As for the high pass outs; you can switch between link or cross-over and you can choose to cross over at 80 or 120 DB, I cross over at 120 for the 710cabs and 80 if I am using the 322s. You can also switch polarity. I think the rating of 1k RMS per cab is prob pretty truthful.

I can't praise them enough, very easy to carry, I can carry one upstairs with no problem at all, fair enough they do look a bit puney but that's soon sorted out when you turn them up and with the tops on chrome poles it looks smart. The cabs I used before those were the JBL PRX sub18s with the Crown amplifier boards and I think the little RCFs out do them all round.