Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 'FOR SALE' section

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I really don't think the software is sophisticated enough to do "If A then B, if C then D, else E"
    if the software don't allow it, what about doing it manually, in these sort of circumstances, i understand the rules are there to protect us all ,but could we not have something in place where people with a reasonably low post count could sell after 12 months, that would be better then someone posting in every thread just to get their post count up, i know it would mean a little more work for you mods but that is why you are paid so well, (i mean thought of so much)

please note this post is purely for discusional purposes and in no means meant to be a critism of the forum rules or the moderation of the forum

Posting same time as Shaun!

Another case of 'Damned if we do, damned if we don't'.... if we put our collective foot down about off-topic / banter / chatter, we usually get abuse and 'hitler' comments!

We do try and run the middle ground: we're not perfect, and everyone has different ideas od what is just the right amount!
    As has already been demonstrated in this very thread!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    if the software don't allow it, what about doing it manually, in these sort of circumstances, i understand the rules are there to protect us all ,but could we not have something in place where people with a reasonably low post count could sell after 12 months, that would be better then someone posting in every thread just to get their post count up, i know it would mean a little more work for you mods but that is why you are paid so well, (i mean thought of so much)

please note this post is purely for discusional purposes and in no means meant to be a critism of the forum rules or the moderation of the forum
    To be honest I'm happy with the way it's setup just now. The site staff have enough to do without complicating things. The system will be staying as it is. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post

I don't think you appreciate just how much time we already spend on moderating the forum. For a start, we get an average of several spammers trying to get on the forum each day!

If we end up doing things like this manually, I don't think anyone will know where they stand. It will make it all very complex, and I am sure that it will lead to mistakes being made (simple human error) which would then lead to complaints when someone else was refused ("X was allowed to post Y") etc etc.

PS: Shaun and I aren't collaborating on our answers - honest! We just keep posting the same thing at the same time

(He just seems to be quicker! )

An other case of 'Damned if we do, damned if we don't'.... if we put our collective foot down about off-topic / banter / chatter, we usually get abuse and 'hitler' comments!

We do try and run the middle ground: we're not perfect, and everyone has different ideas od what is just the right amount!
    I fully understand and agree how you feel and that its no easy task to police / control.
    I tend to only post if I feel that my comments help out other users.

As I said this is one of the better forums.

PS: Shaun and I aren't collaborating on our answers - honest! We just keep posting the same thing at the same time

Ah yes, but he's probably just concentrating on one thing. We all know that men can't multitask.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    As I said this is one of the better forums.

(Oh... hold on a minute.... what do you mean "one of" )

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ah yes, but he's probably just concentrating on one thing. We all know that men can't multitask.
    Actually, I heard only last week that this theory now has scientific back-up!

It's good to see were 'on the same page', so to speak.