Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Aaarrrrrrggggggg My Karaoke Player and Back up failed!

Default Aaarrrrrrggggggg My Karaoke Player and Back up failed!

Would you believe it, my trusty JVC SV222 broke on Saturday, just has we were starting a Do on Saturday night! I was half way home to fetch the spare, when I realised it was already in the car! (twit! panic I think). Got back to the do, plugged in the spare, that failed too! Dam! Julie phoned her husband and got him to bring her old but still working Arbiter Karaoke Machine! The punters didn't care, they still got to sing karaoke and gave us an extra £10 at the end of the evening, as they'd enjoyed it so much.

On investigation, the drawer on the JVC has broken, a piece of plastic has sheared off so the drawer at first jammed and now shoots straight out. The spare player doesn't spin the discs so the won't read/play!

We actually have 5 karaoke players/machines between us so one had to work!

I'm now on the look out for new player. Looking at the Sunfly Pro 888! Any one have any comments or recommend something else!

Cheers

Sarah

Why not go digital? It will take ages to rip all your discs but using a laptop with software such as kjams (www.kjams.net) is a breeze. It puts all the requests into a playlist, sorts out your rotation for you and displays the next 6 singers between songs so people can see when they're up. There's no delays while you look for discs. It's about £90 for the full version, but there is a trial version available on the website to have a play with.

We may well go digital in the New Year, however we have gigs booked and need a player for this weekend. I haven't got time to rip and converts all my discs before Saturday!

Cheers

Sarah

Just remember that to use karaoke digitally you also need the karaoke "uplift" addition to ProDub.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

The only 888 I've used is my Blue Laser, still going strong after 4 years
    The Sunfly looks pretty good, even offers the facility to record performances
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

I have ordered the Sunfly. Manage to get one for £109 + £8 p&p from EMkaraoke. Hopefully it will get here before Saturday (weatherwise).

Cheers

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Just remember that to use karaoke digitally you also need the karaoke "uplift" addition to ProDub.
    Yeah! Thanks for that!

Sarah

Just a quick update, managed to fix the old JVC player, but have retired it to my lounge, been out with the new Sunfly a few times, which is performing well!

Cheers

Happy New Year to you....

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjovi View Post
    Just a quick update, managed to fix the old JVC player, but have retired it to my lounge, been out with the new Sunfly a few times, which is performing well!

Cheers

Happy New Year to you....

Sarah
    Glad you got it all sorted Sarah and Happy Xmas and New Year to you rself aswell

P.s. Going digital is alot easier and shouldn't take that long to rip the Cd's etc if you have a few hours a day to sort a few disc's out you should be sorted
    Dave