Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peavey UL15 4 speakers

I wasnt actually saying spend £1200 because that would be silly considering there is a few speakers that sound better for a bit less or about the same price.

for that money i could buy another pair of active RCF Tops which would be more sensible imho or another decent make but thats me going off topic then.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 02-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.

i have 2 pairs of pv ul15s and there best ive owned and 4 lack of bass your avin a giraffe there also the best sounding and blow mackies away !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    I wasnt actually saying spend £1200 because that would be silly considering there is a few speakers that sound better for a bit less or about the same price.

for that money i could buy another pair of active RCF Tops which would be more sensible imho or another decent make but thats me going off topic then.
    agree rcfs are great aswell so are mackies but you dont get the bottom end that peaveys give me ....

Quote Originally Posted by big beat discos View Post
    i have 2 pairs of pv ul15s and there best ive owned and 4 lack of bass your avin a giraffe there also the best sounding and blow mackies away !!!!!
    Could we have that in something approaching English?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I believe my fellow Peavey owner is saying he is a llittle surprised at the comment made by James.

I agree the UL15s are not very bassy at low volume but once you go into Disco turn it up guvnor mode they start motoring.

James makes a fair point about the high sound levels---

The Peavey UL15s have that very powerful middle sound which was so beautifully described by Tony of A1 Discos--like a wet cardboard box being beaten--

Im addicted personally

exactly superb speakers

Great cabs! - Mine have been going strong for 6 years and have had 100's of bands and DJ gigs thrown at them (not literally thrown may I add!)

They even endured a (LOUD) 4-hour gabba rave set for one of my friends' birthdays (not my music choice may I add!) - one of the cabs didn't fair too well and I thought the coil was burnt out - but I simply rotated the speaker cone/basket assembly on the magnet and it was good as new!

Even if the coil had fried or the cone damaged - it takes less than 10 minutes to replace at the gig!, something I haven't seen on many other speakers in their price range.

Bass wise - I agree with everything that's already been said
    Sound Quality - Definite peaks in the mid-range when run flat, but it's great for live bands/singers. For DJing they include a contour switch on the back to smooth things out. Not the clearest speakers, but that's my personal opinion, I've often been commended on the sound quality at gigs

The only downside is their size/weight - an easy lift if your gig's on one level, but stairs and narrow doorways are your enemy! lol

If I could go back, I'd have bought the 12's and a sub (I heard 2x UL215's at a live music venue in Sunderland and it felt like I was being punched in the chest - stupidly powerful!)

They're a wise investment if you want something that'll last, are suitable for many events (not just DJing), and give you a work-out every time you load in/out