Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Fluid

Default Bubble Fluid

Hello there!

We recently purchased a Chauvet Bubble Machine for events as well as discos.

I am aware that it can cause slippery residue so I am looking for the best output (and if possible least slippery) fluid. Currently 5l costs about £15 so I wouldn't want to be paying much more than that, but a lot of videos I have seen on the internet have better output than mine currently.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Cjd,

Bubble machines will no doubt cause a few opinions on safety etc......

However you'll find the forum members more chatty if you pop over to the "Newbies" forum and say "Hello"
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Oh yes safety is an issue, it will mostly be used at seated events, just looking for best output!

I will post in the newbie section now, thanks for the tip!

Hi CJD and welcome to the forum ,

Although bubble machines are a huge safety hazard I'm willing to admit I can't do children's party's without them. I love the way all the children's faces light up and it makes all the parents happy to see the children enjoying themselves. The only thing you can do is minimize the risks involved. I use the Chauvet Bubble King but have tried lots of different machines, Here's what I've learn't about Bubble machines:

- The professional bubble machines are much better at creating small "floaty" bubbles where as the cheap units create large soapy bubbles (which you don't want!)

- The fluid also contributes to to the units performance. Go for brand name fluid and stay away at all costs from the eBay specials!

- Location. It's really important you get these machines as high off the ground as possible (which I know can be challenging!) as this will enable the bubbles to spread more around the venue so you won't end up with a slippery patch in the middle of the dance floor.

- Usage. Don't over use bubble machines or you will turn the whole venue into a slippery mess which the landlords or guests won't be too pleased about (and after a while the novelty of the bubbles wears off and people just get bored of them).

Hope this has helped. I can't recommend a certain fluid as I'm always trying different fluids.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Le Maitre's Super Bubble Fluid is by far the best, but it's horrendusly expensive @ around £40 for 5L
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Thank you for your tips I also have the bubble king! Like you said I will use it in short bursts when the dancefloor is busy so the bubbles dont pop on the floor - great advice to anyone who wants to use a bubble machine. It does really create a nice effect especially when they glow UV - and it's not actually that expensive

I will try to post which I think is the best. The chauvet one that I got with the machine (whether it was refilled or not is not to be known) has not been that great so far, compared to some youtube videos with cheap stuff in them!

Of course I don't want to fill it with washing up liquid or cheap slippery stuff, so I will have to look around. Maybe this might be good as it's from American DJ:
    http://www.soundmastersdirect.co.uk/...ntrate-for-5-l

I'll let you know sometime this week if it's any good as it's needed for friday.

I must say though that the UV phosphor power I got off Ebay works really well and was best value on the net so far!

Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
    Thank you for your tips I also have the bubble king! Like you said I will use it in short bursts when the dancefloor is busy so the bubbles dont pop on the floor - great advice to anyone who wants to use a bubble machine. It does really create a nice effect especially when they glow UV - and it's not actually that expensive

I will try to post which I think is the best. The chauvet one that I got with the machine (whether it was refilled or not is not to be known) has not been that great so far, compared to some youtube videos with cheap stuff in them!

Of course I don't want to fill it with washing up liquid or cheap slippery stuff, so I will have to look around. Maybe this might be good as it's from American DJ:
    http://www.soundmastersdirect.co.uk/...ntrate-for-5-l

I'll let you know sometime this week if it's any good as it's needed for friday.

I must say though that the UV phosphor power I got off Ebay works really well and was best value on the net so far!
    I'm currently using UV reflective fluid and it's nasty stuff. Bright green in the bottle and is thicker than normal fluid. Not sure which brand it is though, I can't remember.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Le Maitre's Super Bubble Fluid is by far the best, but it's horrendusly expensive @ around £40 for 5L
    hi there

It is but, It does last for a very very long time and It's the best bubble fluid I know as well, I use myself!

Matthew.

It's £25 here:
    http://www.sound-light-company.co.uk...oducts_id=2524

Or if you buy 20l it's (only) £19+VAT for 5l:
    http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-le-...le-fluid.shtml

Delivery adds £10 to each though :O it's so expensive!

Decisions decision of whether I should buy...

Default adj bubble blast

i use the adj bubble blast its very good on whheels...was 200 quid...but u can get a meteor one on ebay its the same for about 89quid,.,huge output