Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QSC K 10 Small Beautiful & Loud

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    I'd be looking to stick them in situations where I would currently use a set of Mackie SRM450 V1s or Warrior PSR15a's. I am leaning towards RCF purely because I already have an ART705AS sub, but it is big and heavy so I would only want to use this for larger 100+ gigs.

For up to 100 people maybe I would be looking to use the 10s on their own. I do quite a lot of small parties and shorter teen parties where it is good if I can setup and carry the equipment in easily without my backbreaking PSR15A's (30kg each!)

Am I really asking too much and would I be selling the customer short ?
    Go for the RCF ART312A then. they are 12" and will cope easily with upto 100 people as long as you dont want thumping bass. The best thing about them, is that they are better suited when you do use the sub...
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I've heard great things about the 312as..

However I think what I am looking for is the best balanced / bass respomnse sound I can get out of a set of 10s ideally or 12s

I use the sub now with my srm450s and I don't notice any problems with 'matching'. Most of the problems I get are with positioning with certainb parts of the room being boomy.

I'm happy to mix brands if I can lose the sub on the <100 people gigs

Gonn have to have a listen ...

Default Qsc

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I am also looking at possibly buying new speakers next year and the QSC range looks very good. Most people seem to go for the K10. I would be looking to buy the speakers first and then in a few months going for a QSC bass bin.
    I normally play to between 150 and 200 people in small to medium size rooms, and I was wondering if the K10s on their own would cope with this. Or should I go for the K12.
    I will also want us them in larger venues, when required.

Anyone got any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
    I bought the K12s and Ksubs just 2 months ago. I previously had SRM450v2s now they are used as back-up.

If you are planning on using the subs all the time then go with the K10s as they can be used with longer poles. Quilter Sound Corp don't recommend using a longer pole with the K12s for safety reasons! I have had no choice. The factory issue pole has the sound hitting the middle of peoples chests. They seriously need to be head height or above.

pics have been posted recently on this forum.. . search for QSC. You'll see the height diff of the new poles in the later pics.

Lee

However I think what I am looking for is the best balanced / bass respomnse sound I can get out of a set of 10s ideally or 12s

I use the sub now with my srm450s and I don't notice any problems with 'matching'. Most of the problems I get are with positioning with certainb parts of the room being boomy.

i regularly use the k12s on their own and once played to about 160 people without a sub, as there were some power issues, and they coped admirably

If your ever this far North West then your free to have a listen. You wont be dissapointed
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

QSC amp on my system. Yep its good. If it has QSC on it it is going to sound the nuts.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I bought the K12s and Ksubs just 2 months ago. I previously had SRM450v2s now they are used as back-up.

If you are planning on using the subs all the time then go with the K10s as they can be used with longer poles. Quilter Sound Corp don't recommend using a longer pole with the K12s for safety reasons! I have had no choice. The factory issue pole has the sound hitting the middle of peoples chests. They seriously need to be head height or above.

pics have been posted recently on this forum.. . search for QSC. You'll see the height diff of the new poles in the later pics.

Lee
    Thanks for that Lee, I will do a search. It sounds (pun intended)as though the K12s might be the better option for my situation.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post

Lee
    Your dead right there Lee if you have the QSC subs then the right match is the K10s as the subs have such a small footprint they get very top heavy also the 10s suit the subs sound wise and thats always the combination we sell.
    Just a idea you could contact Mike he buys some K10s and you do a swap could work out for booth of you.

when i bought the k'12's i was torn as the 10's have a wider dispertion and to me sounded tighter than the 12's,but i will say i am not dissapointed with the 12's at all.

a lot of the work the 12's do is weddings and corporate stuff averaging 150 people,and the 12's cope easily,quality not quantity.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    when i bought the k'12's i was torn as the 10's have a wider dispertion and to me sounded tighter than the 12's,but i will say i am not dissapointed with the 12's at all.

a lot of the work the 12's do is weddings and corporate stuff averaging 150 people,and the 12's cope easily,quality not quantity.
    Yes spot on thats why i went for the 10s just sound a bit nicer and as you said 90 deg pattern.