Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gypsy wedding

Default gypsy wedding

i did a gypsy wedding a few weeks ago it was the worse thing i have ever done first thing was i was asked to turn up at 4 for a 7 start by half 4 i was asked to play back ground music while i setup my lights for the staff then 5 mins later the guests started coming in so i finshed rigging the light i was at the time and went behind my setup then at 5.10 i was asked to turn the music up by the venue manager at about 6 they wanted to do the dances at a gypsy wedding there alot of dances (bride and groom, bride and her father, bride and her mother, groom and brides mother, bride and best man, groom and head bridesmaid). and then it came to the disco and if the bride did not like a song she asked for it to be changed that second and if i didnt i was threatend by one of the gypsy's then the groom came up asking me to do an announcement asking him and the best men to dance to the ymca so i thought it would ok then the best men didnt like it so i had him threaten me i comlain to the venue manager cause i wanted to pack up and walk out he offered me doudle money to stay so i did well in the end i had had enough of all the rubbish i was about to pack up at about half 8 when the venue manager came up to me and said that the bride and groom had gone and i was to play one more track and then they were going to empty the venue the venue staff were annoyed and were ready to call it a night.

the guests had smashed about 30 plates and some glasses threw rubbish all over the floors and stamped food into the carpet and had made a great mess in the toilets including smoking weed and doing all kind of drugs in there im really surprised they didnt call the police but the family had paid £5000 for the venue for the whole day when they usually charge £3000 the venue manager wasnt really bothered about the amount of work they had to get the place ready for another event i was doing live sound for in the morning.

if im ever asked to this kind of event again i dont think i will if there like this with no alcohol i would hate to see them with it. but since this event the clients have complained to the venue about the rubbish disco with the dj changing track half way through clearing the dance floor (as asked to do by the bride) and doing stupid announcements all through the night (as asked to do by various people from the wedding party) this has caused me no problems with the venue as i have been working there since 2004, but it has caused me to have a bad name with prospective clients.

has anyone else had any troubles like this before?

thanks for reading tom

Don't work for gypo's. Simple rule.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

this is my new rule! i was told it would be an easy night and told to just play up to date music as the bride was only 16. but she wanted motown that was no problem but she kept changing her mind on tracks she wanted.

That was a very difficult read (block text and bad spelling/grammar).

There is not a single full stop in this sentence
    Well other than the one at the end. Not having a go, I just find it difficult as I am dyslexic as it is.

and then it came to the disco and if the bride did not like a song she asked for it to be changed that second and if i didnt i was threatend by one of the gypsy's then the groom came up asking me to do an announcement asking him and the best men to dance to the ymca so i thought it would ok then the best men didnt like it so i had him threaten me i comlain to the venue manager cause i wanted to pack up and walk out he offered me doudle money to stay so i did well in the end i had had enough of all the rubbish i was about to pack up at about half 8 when the venue manager came up to me and said that the bride and groom had gone and i was to play one more track and then they were going to empty the venue the venue staff were annoyed and were ready to call it a night.

Your lucky there were no fights, which is the norm in these gigs.
    Must have been a posh gypsy wedding
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Ha Ha

Toby, did you do that on purpose?

Did you actually accuse someone of bad spelling and then say "Your lucky....".

D'oh!....It's You're!

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Ha Ha

Toby, did you do that on purpose?

Did you actually accuse someone of bad spelling and then say "Your lucky....".

D'oh!....It's You're!
    I did say I was Dyslexic - and a bit thick sometimes.

I at least make my posts as readable as possible.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by tgosoundandlight View Post
    there alot of dances (bride and groom, bride and her father, bride and her mother, groom and brides mother, bride and best man, groom and head bridesmaid).

... and did you notice it was always the same two people

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I did say I was Dyslexic - and a bit thick sometimes.
    Sorry mate, I knew you were a bit thick sometimes but I didn't know you were dyslexic so apologies!

im dyslexic also i may have a spell check which is rubbish but unfortunately no grammer check and i have never been good at it.

it was meant to be filmed for channel 4's my big fat gypsy wedding but the bride decided against it at last minuite. im glad she did as it would have shown me up big time i tried my best with the worse crowd ive ever worked for.

there was one incident of fighting just outside two 7 year old brothers were play fighting and one came in with a broken nose and a dislocated jaw. im so glad nobody started on me in not the bigest of people at all

tom

I'm sure that if the wedding was filmed, you wouldn't have been shown in a bad light whatsoever. There probably would've been 2 seconds of you so I think you are worrying too much.

Take it on the chin, as experience and move on. We all have bad experiences or have had in the past. Forget about it.