Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: gypsy wedding

To say to watch your CDs and so on is a bit unfair, it suggests that all of them are thieves.

I honestly don't mind Gipsy Weddings, first 2 I did were by accident, several years ago I got a call off a local venue saying the DJ hadn't turned up and they had the Wedding party there with no DJ so how soon could I get there...me being me and wanting to help out I dashed there to find they were all Gipsys and the venue had never told me, I got on ok with them and they gave me a tip.

Another time a hotel where I work took a booking not realising it was a Gipsy Wedding, the Gipsys had sent the one that spoke the best English into the venue to do the business, he was dressed very smart and paid in full in cash and had an actual address and land-line. I did have a bit of a problem early on with some kids wanting to look at my CDs...dunno if they wanted to knick them but I said a very definate no from the outset and they accepted it. One of the men who was a bit drunk was getting a bit demanding for requests and one of the older ladies spotted that he was being an ar5e and soon bought him into line...quite funny actually as he was a big chap and she a little old lady.

I have done several since and actually enjoy them, I also used to do a pub that was frequented by lots of Irish Gipsys and got on well with them. I found to be honest and firm and polite and they're basically ok, if they like you they will buy you lots of drinks and make sure that no one bothers you. Make out you are doing a big discount for cash and they love it. In all treuth don't think I have ever struggled to be paid and have always been given a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/m...ng/4od#3053944

Really worth a watch.

Very, very, very interesting.
    Charlie do you do anything outside of Youtube and MDD?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Charlie do you do anything outside of Youtube and MDD?

Yes! I have a very good social life thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Yes! I have a very good social life thank you.
    Watching that film there was very little emphasis of the venue and any mess etc. any of the evenings entertainment was not even shown after first dance which makes me wonder as I assume if there are any problems it will happen when all the men have got drunk.

There must be such competition for girls if its true and they are not allowed to procreate before marriage
    also sexual frustration on both accounts. The girls do look VERY cheap IMO although most on that video were quite attractive.

I think if I do a traveller wedding I will scope out the boss (ie the bare knuckle fighter bloke) and get them onside right at the start so I know I have someone to go too if there are any issues. Thats what i do at some of the rougher weddings i have attended. Usually a father of the bride etc.

Looking at the DJ set up on the last one its pretty naff. the lights and speakers were all along the floor.
    You can also hear how bad the sound is on film, which leads me to assume it may have been a niave DJ?
    I am probably wrong though.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/