Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dj Meetup in central scotland 2nd Feb 2011

Default Dj Meetup in central scotland 2nd Feb 2011

Hi everyone

Ive had a read over the rules so posting this should be fine as its not assosiated with any assosiation and its not trade related.......

If you read Pro Mobile you may have heard about the DJ meets hapening all over the country , Our last few have been mentioned. The orinal one was Sponsered and arranged by another organisation but a group of us who attented decided to carry on the meets .

I cant stress enough this is not a DJ assosiation type meet. The meetings are open to anyone who is/was or is thinking about being a DJ.

The purpose of the meets ...

To give everyone a chance to network with other DJ's
    To improve the professional image of the mobile DJ to the client
    To learn from each other
    To help other DJs

At the meets there is also a different local DJ type shop there depending on the area, This one is still TBC .

There is also a second hand table for you to bring any old / unused / spare kit you want to sell off.

What the meetup envolves.........

Everyone is given the chance to formally introduce themselves over the mic and say a quick bit about themselves.
    Then a short seminar on a topic that has been raised on previous meets ( last one was the benifits of working legally - to encourage the cash in hand type djs to trade professionally and showing the benifits and how it outweighs working illegally ) . The next meeting will quickly recap the main points brought up then move onto another sunject .
    After this its an open discussion to see if were all in agreement or debate it out.

Then buffet time - Hot food while anyone is asking questions or debating whats been said.

After that we give the shop a chance to introduce themselves and show us what they have to offer.

Thoughout the night the second hand kit can sit on a table for everyone to look over - Just put your name and your asking price on it and you can mention what your selling in your introduction to if you like.

One DJ who has volenteered will have there rig on display and talk us through it and what they use and why .

Last few meetings was My rig - Nightlife Entertainment
    Meet before that was DJ shuggy - Quality disco's
    this meet will be Brian - Jukebox DJ

The meets are laid back but most people attending are people who take being a DJ seriously , Although we organise the meets there is nobody standing up telling you what you should and shouldnt be doing , We kept them going to learn from each other , Personally speaking if it wasnt for the things ive learned on these type of forums i would still be a cheap pub DJ so all were doing is offering the same information through the seminars to others.

Its a chance to meet up and network with other DJ's over a beer and a scran. To sell off your unused kit or pick up a bargain , To meet a local supplier and share and learn from our experiences and experience of others.

There is a charge of £3 to get in , This is purly to cover costs . This gets you in , your share in the hot buffet and a ticket for a prize draw . ( previous prizes have included lighting effects , cases of beer and even celcro cable ties ) .

2nd February 2011
    The club
    76 High Street
    Newarthill
    Motherwell
    ML1 5JH

We plan to start about 8 but you can get in from 7.30

Our very own tony - Fluid DJ will hopefully be bringing along his wizard extreme to show us all what the fuss is about too.

If anyone would like some more info or would like to help organise future meets then let me know. Last 2 have been west of scotland - This one is more central and next one will probobly be more to the east but it all depends on how this one goes.

There was also talk of running a coach to the next BPM and can probobly sort out hotel deals etc.

Anyone interested?

Looking forward to it.
    Atac Digital - DJ hire in Edinburgh and the Lothians
    http://atacdigital.co.uk/dj-hire/

Nice idea!

I wish you every success with it.

Talks scotch too quickly dmckaraoke's Avatar

Very interesting...

I'll be there for sure

Good responce so far

It's open to all dj's regardless of what the do or where they fit into the Market place so if you guys know anyone who may be interested feel free to tell them.

Don't think I know you Mark but there will be locals you may have met

Steven - disco therapy ( was Bellshill )
    John - g star discos ( Newarthill )
    Justin - trax disco

Loads more

Dmc - there is a guy travels to all our meets from ayshire - I can try get his contact details if yous want to organise a car share . His names guy but think hes not long moved there so you prob won't know him.

Also can I just ask you register interest for any kit your selling so we know how much of an area to allocate .just say

Name - 4 items etc

If we can gauge numbers it's better for feeding time too so we know what to order too.

I cant seem to edit the original post so I'll post here.

The original organisers of the Dj meet ups are still actively promoting them through there own website and also envolved with the Pro-Mobile article in the next issue.They have also set up a website where you can view when and where your next meet is.

DJ Area Meet Partnership www.djamp.co.uk

Also at the next meet it will be chris doing the equipment demo and not Brian.

Organisers of Scottish meet are ...

Myself
    Shuggy
    Chris
    Brian
    John

And behind the scenes promoting the meet ups we have sandy and Paul

Davy,

Great to see you promoting the next meet-up on here, I am sure if there are any new attendances through this post it will make the next meeting all the better. Like Davy said it's an informal yet informative get-together for DJs of all walks of life.. the more the merrier.. without drink that is...!!

I was looking forward to a well priced shandy..
    Atac Digital - DJ hire in Edinburgh and the Lothians
    http://atacdigital.co.uk/dj-hire/

Bar will be open so dont see why not