Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCF 1000 speakers

Default RCF 1000 speakers

Hi Guys

Has anyone owned or heard a pair of these speakers, i have done a search and found some comments on RCF speakers and they were spoke about in glowing terms but they were the new models.

Thanks in advance

Cann you be more specific about the model?

I rate RCF very highly, I have used several of the premium brands in recent years and own several different types inc. Bose and QSC now but the RCFs are the ones I always use from choice.

I have 310As...amazing for 10 inch cabs and I reckon they pizz all over SRM450s.

I have 322As...2 inch horns that have a massive throw without sounding harsh.

I have 710As...actually produce a good healthy 750w RMS from a 11kg 10inch powered cab.

I have 902A bins...which I won't even try to describe because you wouldn't believe me.

I also have 4 of the older 15 inch powered bins which go out on hire kits, I think they are model 70something and put out about 7-800w RMS, they stay covered and I never have to do anything to them they just go in and out with no issues and everyone that uses them likes them. I reckon they are about as good as any other active bins for less than £1k per cab.

The RCF sound is very european and might not suit everyone but I certainly like it and would put it on the same kind of level to DAS. The JBL PRX cabs are slightly smoother but not as lively so might be worht comparing depending on your personal choice.

these are the older passive ones i think they are called RCF Event 1000,
    they are a 12" driver/ cab and are 300w rms each.

Quote Originally Posted by gaza View Post
    these are the older passive ones i think they are called RCF Event 1000,
    they are a 12" driver/ cab and are 300w rms each.
    Nice old school RCF cabs they sound very sweet as they are made of wood not horrible plastic which RCF have adopted for there cheaper range ,will serve you well at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Nice old school RCF cabs they sound very sweet as they are made of wood not horrible plastic which RCF have adopted for there cheaper range ,will serve you well at the right price.
    Thanks, i am looking at these and also looking at the Mackie 300c passive speakers, i don't suppose you have heard them ones have you?
    Last edited by gaza; 16-12-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks, i am looking at these and also looking at the Mackie 300c passive speakers, i don't suppose you have heard them ones have you?
    No not heard the Mackie,s but of course they will be much lighter ,the Events are around 29kgs and are wood covered with tough rubber covering and were quite costly when new ,as always have a listen if possible.

I have - they are the passive version of the 450 and sound very similar to me.

My school has a pair.

Awsome speakers. But i don't like them as much as the Wharfedale Pro EVP-X15

Thank gents.

Tom, thate does suprise me as i used some new whardale Evp15 the other week and i thought that my W audio prs15 sounded better than the Whardales.
    Last edited by gaza; 16-12-2010 at 04:19 PM.

I think the remark regarding RCF using plastic for the cheaper range is a bit unfair, it is true that someone with good ears can always tell a plastic cab regardless of its quality but the RCF plastic cabs are extremely high quality and very difficult to tell from wooden cabs. I think I know the Event 1000 but not sure, if they're the ones I think they are then yes they are nice.

Little bit of a gamble but you can often drop on some older cabs and end up with some top quality speakers for little money, as well as the Event 1000s I would say keep an eye out for some Martin Audio F12s, Ohm BR12s and that kind of thing.

I have some C300s and some C200s, they were being sold off very cheaply by Sound control about 3 or 4 years ago, can't remember what I paid think it was about £300 and £200 respectivelly and I find them reliable and they make a noise. I personally wouldn't even bother putting them up against a pair of decent old RCFs.

I also think the W Audio are excellent value for money. However,, they are made to a price point and IMO should be compared with cabs of the same sort of price like Warfdale, Gemini, Carlsbrough, Tapco, Sound Lab etc..