Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Denon HD-2500 Problems with HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    ...or do nothing and stop making excuses to spend money!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I have a four hour set in four segments on ipod which is a cheap reliable source of back up incase
    I have to leave the party for some reason.
    Its exactly what I would play normally. That would do the job.

i would like to see when someone comes up for a request though

failing that itunes on 8 second blend - drag and drop tracks to suit.
    I'd expect that to be about the fourth or fifth line of backup. Somewhere after the second HDC, and the laptop.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

John, there is some useful info on the Denon Forums regarding this problem, plus info on replacing the internal hard drive if needed.

Found this info below

I find that the question of the No HDD Check HDD, is a question about the format of the HD, I don't know how but when you connect the HD2500 to some mixers the Hard Drive lose the format and can't read the content. The solution to this is simple but was not easy to find. Soo to all of that people that have this quiestion:

You need a computer with the Denon Music Manager installed in this PC and a cable to connect the PC with the HD2500.

*Important*: This works in PC's with Windows Vista or Seven ONLY!!!

1- Turn ON the DN-HD2500 and wait for the message that says "No HDD, Check HDD"
    2- Connect the DN-HD2500 to the PC and put the HD as a Externarl drive, like when your are triying to tranfer the music from the PC

3- Open the Denon Music Manager and
    select the Drive that is the DN-HD2500 (note that the program won't reconize the Database)
    4- Select the Opcion Create a New Database and do all the things that the program says

*Important*: If the Denon Music Manager give you an ERROR, follow this *NEW Important* steps:

*NEW Important 1*: When you connect the HD to the PC, you have to do the Checking and Fixing Process that the Windows tells you. If you connect the HD to the PC and the Windows don't tell you anything about this, you have to disconnect the HD from the computer unsafely, "without the safely remove hardware in the Windows".

*NEW Important 2*: After the Checking and Fixing Process in the PC, "Remove Safely The HD From The PC" but don't turn OFF the HD2500 (Just Safely Remove Hardware from Windows) and Connect Again the HD2500 to the PC and follow steps 2, 3 and 4.

*NEW Important 3*: If again the Denon Music Manager give you and error again, close the program, safely remove the HD and again follow the steps 2, 3 and 4 "without the *NEW Important* Steps".

5- Safely Remove Hardware (Stop Device in the PC)
    6- Disconnect USB Cable
    7- Power OFF DN-HD2500
    8- Turn ON DN-HD2500 and wait for verify the database and for the message "Ready"
    9- Press the Botton -Util for few seconds until HD goes to Utility Options
    10- Go to Initialization and press the Jog
    11- Go to Format press the Jog, select HDD and press the Jog again
    12- Wait a few seconds until the HD says DONE
    13- Connect the HD to the PC again, put the HD as a External Drive and Open the Denon Music Manager
    14- Transfer your music,
    15 Thats All. Its Done.

I used 3 DN-HD2500 with the same question and this solution works but i think that no all the No HDD questions are because of this. Like i just say before this is one solution but not the only one.

Nice one there Steve, well worth a try.

Lots of other tips about the internal hard drive on the forum including posts about users replacing the internal drive with solid state drives etc.

Seems a very common problem mainly due to transportation, vibration, cold, condensation, dampness, temperature changes etc.. All resulting in internal hard drive faults in one way or another.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the internal ribbon cable has been known to come loose - creating internal hd problems. Just a matter of process elimination before saying the internal drive is knackered and needs replacing.

John, did you get your Denon sorted?? I had a few issues with mine over weekend.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 29-05-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullforceeventsltd View Post
    John, did you get your Denon sorted?? I had a few issues with mine over weekend.
    Hmmmmm. Suddenly, a Cortex with a DDS drive unit below is looking like a bulletproof solution. I've never had a Cortex fail to find a compatible HD.

I think my issues was due to cold/dampness as I left my playout system on my cold lock up overnight. I usually take it home.

The player kept freezing and stopping. Once it warmed up after about 30 mins it was ok and was fine for rest of night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullforceeventsltd View Post
    I think my issues was due to cold/dampness as I left my playout system on my cold lock up overnight. I usually take it home.

The player kept freezing and stopping. Once it warmed up after about 30 mins it was ok and was fine for rest of night.
    Cortex has been tested to -15C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very very slow to boot up, and the display is pedestrian for a while, but gets up to speed in a couple of minutes.

Other than extremes of temperature, I've had absolutely no issues with Cortex being stored outside.

That's interesting. When I've had a look through the denon forums it seems a lot of people have had issues with the 2500 after storing in cold and damp conditions.

And Johns storage area is certainly cold and damp. Might be worth storing the denon indoors in future, either that or insulate the garage and lift everything off the floor

Yeah. My player has been fine until I stored it overnight on cold lock
    up floor. I think that was the cause of my one having a mad half hour at the weekend.