Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denon HD-2500 Problems with HDD.

Default Denon HD-2500 Problems with HDD.

Im currently having problems with my hd2500. When i switch it on it verifies the database and then comes up with

No HDD Check HDD.

I have taken the hardisk out on the card its fitted onto and tried to reseat the hardisk on the module it fits onto and connecting it back up.

Still getting the same problem with the Machine. Is there anything else i could try.

I think the internal hardisk has died on the machine because i can still press the source button and select USB1 for my external hardisk and that works without any problems.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a hardisk that will work on the hd2500. Im thinking about replacing the internal drive. But need to confirm first that it is the internal drive thats died or even faulty.

Thanks for any advice

cheers

John

How old is the kit?

Even if the Denon's out of warranty, the HDD may not be - most manufacturers give 5 year guarantees depending on model.

I've had a couple of failures in external caddies and such like before now, contacted the manufacturer and had a replacement whizzed out after jumping through a couple of hoops... no questions asked, instructed to bin the old one.

Last time I did this I had a 250GB 3.5" WD drive replaced with a 1TB!

Ive had the hd2500 about 3 years.

The hardisk thats inside the hd2500 is a Fujitsu Siemens hardisk (40gb) I never took the installed original hardisk out.

But i could have a word with the manufacturer to see if there is anything they could do. At the minute im going to look at getting the hd2500 sorted out. If i can get that sorted i wont need to replace anything.

If i am to replace the hd2500 completely I have budgeted for either a Denon HC4500 or on the shortlist a Pioneer MEP7000. I will spend whatever it costs for a good quality machine.

I don't really know why you are that worried John - you told me you use an external drive, so what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Ive had the hd2500 about 3 years.

The hardisk thats inside the hd2500 is a Fujitsu Siemens hardisk (40gb) I never took the installed original hardisk out.

But i could have a word with the manufacturer to see if there is anything they could do. At the minute im going to look at getting the hd2500 sorted out. If i can get that sorted i wont need to replace anything.

If i am to replace the hd2500 completely I have budgeted for either a Denon HC4500 or on the shortlist a Pioneer MEP7000. I will spend whatever it costs for a good quality machine.
    Purpose built laptop with an SSD ?

The HC4500 is just a midi controller so you would need a laptop anyhow. That's the way most of the manufacturers are going now. The HD controller market is pretty much dead IMO.

You could say ive lost confidence in the hd2500 at the moment because its the 2nd time ive had the no hdd error come up.

When something even as little as an external hardisk goes wrong. I do get extremely worried and feel uneasy about it. If it is the internal hardisk thats going to save me a few hundred because i can get a seagate 160gb for £45.

Ive got a decent laptop that i bought 2 weeks ago from Makro. I bought a Sony Vaio if i went for the HC4500 and id run a restore on that laptop and use that solely as a gig machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I don't really know why you are that worried John - you told me you use an external drive, so what's the problem?
    Probably the occasion when it failed to boot from either drive. If you could simply remove the internal drive, and run off an external, then I'd say that was one possible solution. I'm not sure that's possible, or that it's a particularly good idea, but anything that makes it work has to be a step forward.

You could say ive lost confidence in the hd2500 at the moment because its the 2nd time ive had the no hdd error come up.

When something even as little as an external hardisk goes wrong. I do get extremely worried and feel uneasy about it. If it is the internal hardisk thats going to save me a few hundred because i can get a seagate 160gb for £45.Ive got a decent laptop that i bought 2 weeks ago from Makro. I bought a Sony Vaio if i went for the HC4500 and id run a restore on that laptop and use that solely as a gig machine.
    There is a maximum size you can use, I think 160Gb is the limit, isn't it?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Im currently having problems with my hd2500. When i switch it on it verifies the database and then comes up with

No HDD Check HDD.

I have taken the hardisk out on the card its fitted onto and tried to reseat the hardisk on the module it fits onto and connecting it back up.

Still getting the same problem with the Machine. Is there anything else i could try.

I think the internal hardisk has died on the machine because i can still press the source button and select USB1 for my external hardisk and that works without any problems.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a hardisk that will work on the hd2500. Im thinking about replacing the internal drive. But need to confirm first that it is the internal drive thats died or even faulty.

Thanks for any advice

cheers

John
    I think you need to rewind here John and get back to basics.

You are out of warranty maybe--but dont forget Consumer Direct and your rights under Legislation relating to "fit for intended purpose"

Sounds like this machine is not--so you have rights against the Retailer if still in business.

Its old Sale of Goods Act scenario and electrical items can be up to 6 years old and still be unfit.

Heres a link speak to them--http://whatconsumer.co.uk/it-is-not-fit-for-purpose/

before you chuck the Denon in the Yorkshire Ouse

not this again.

I had the same problems and lots of others.

bloody moving parts.

its the cold, condensation. Or a software/connection issue.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Ive used the hd2500 tonight but on the external hardisk. But the check HDD error is still popping up.

So i havent had to resort to backup but i had a cd in my cd player at the ready.

Ive connected it up to my laptop with a usb cable and gone to source and pc it shows the drive but it says it needs formatting.

so i tried using util mode initialisation and then format and it wouldnt format the drive.