Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abstract lighting

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Lucky you, so many non workers come in for repair ,cant give them away on ebay.
    You could give them away to me

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

I had an abstract light show. One thing for sure id never buy another.

I've had

old version of the twister 3 (100w)
    abstract wildstar

those lights were fine

then i went for twister 4hps and extreme dj xp2s bright lights but they got too hot.

i had one of my twister 4hps died i replaced with a brand new unit from abstract which cost me £230 and it wouldn't link with the other twister 4hp

they had sold me a dodgy unit and wouldnt replace or repair it unless i paid for it.

So after past experiences with them never again.

I like the products...but the company (as with Twinspin) has put me off ever dealing with them again.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

a bit off topic though now. I bought some Martin MX-1s off my mate because i got sick of the XP2s because in the end i had 2 units fail and the martin scanners are oldish now and they units have never needed much maintenance only a bit of Mr muscle window cleaner every month or two and a brush just to give it a clean

Lamp holders - Never had to replace any in 3 years on the Martin Gear lamps
    up to now the last time I changed a lamp in just one of these units was last September other 3 lamps before then even.

efx500 had that since november 2008 and not had to change a lampholder
    or lamp yet in this unit.

the twister 4hps & xp2's (2 months for a lamp-holder 1 month for a lamp)

the abstracts were cleaned out a lot with the same treatment and I've always used the red Philips Broadway lamps not the blue focus-line ones)

sorry i'm off topic but thats been the difference with my lighting units. No bull, no exageration just for the record of this post.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 24-12-2010 at 01:29 AM.

We are all entitled to our comments John
    Strange that you had problems with the units though.
    I know in the very early days of Abstract, they had major problems with over heating, but I always thought this was sorted. How wrong was I apparently.
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

I could retype Johns comments almost word for word with regards to issues i had with them...although I never had an issue with the Twister 2's i had
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

the old abstract lighting i had was alright the twister 3 mkII
    and the wildstar they were alright

but if you design a 250w halogen lighting effect then why cant the manufacturer sort the ventilation and cooling out its a powerful lamp and course its going to get mighty hot so it needs the right cooling and enough ventilation.

As we have gone slightly off topic re reliability of certain makes of lighting.
    As a rental house the lights we hire out really have to be bomb proof the hirer will not look after them like members on here they really get abused and that is why i said Abstract not great i need lights that work week in week out with little maintenance and Abstract never stood up to the rigours of hire.

Over many years i have through my own mistakes and at a cost found the following brands to be the most reliable and will stand up to the rigours of hire,and for effect lighting the bulk of our hire stock comes from three manufacturers.

Clay Paky, Genius,Robe worth noting two made in Italy and one Czech Republic.
    Yes there are a few others like Opti and Martin that are worth a mention.

As for Led units most from China which have been re badged but they are cheap so only need a short period of hire to return initial cost then can be scrapped.

Been using a pair of Abstract Twister 4`s (iec) , apart from the fact one unit lags a few seconds behind the other , i`ve had no problems. but they do run a tad warm

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

I am very particular with lights as well.

I use Martin now and i definitely wont be ever switching to anything cheaper. I know what kind of quality and reliability I'm going to get buying Martin.

in the future i fancy a pair of the Mania SCX700 or the MX-10 or a couple of wizzard extremes. when funds allow.