Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can someone explain (Cortex and Laptop differences)

The thing I like about the Cortex and other HDCs for that matter is that you still have the set of controlls very much like a traditional twin CD unit. I understand that you can get controllers for PCs but is there really any need to do that because its just another bit of kit, with the Cortex the hub and drive can be mounted inside the rear of flight cases and the keyboard can go on a slide out tray so its all very neat. And...I agree keep the front port clear for a stick or whatever. I use the Denon one but TBH the Cortex would suit me fine, I get a lot of folk amazed wehn they ask for a request and I pull out the keyboard and tell them more or less instantly if I have it and I can have it playing before they are back across the dance floor.

Once you get into the swing of it its easy to use and to keep the drive up to date, but I also agree that tagging and file structure is very important...little things like removing the word the from titles is helpful when searching...therefore "the way you make me feel" becomes "way you make me feel"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    The thing I like about the Cortex and other HDCs for that matter is that you still have the set of controlls very much like a traditional twin CD unit. I understand that you can get controllers for PCs but is there really any need to do that because its just another bit of kit, with the Cortex the hub and drive can be mounted inside the rear of flight cases and the keyboard can go on a slide out tray so its all very neat. And...I agree keep the front port clear for a stick or whatever. I use the Denon one but TBH the Cortex would suit me fine, I get a lot of folk amazed wehn they ask for a request and I pull out the keyboard and tell them more or less instantly if I have it and I can have it playing before they are back across the dance floor.

Once you get into the swing of it its easy to use and to keep the drive up to date, but I also agree that tagging and file structure is very important...
    Agreed entirely.
    little things like removing the word the from titles is helpful when searching...therefore "the way you make me feel" becomes "way you make me feel"
    With machines where string search is the default, ( Cortex, and Numark when you hit F1) , that is of little consequence, since "way you make me feel" is enough to find the track.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Just to update you i bought a cortex hdc1000 off of a member of MDD and now playing with it and defianately gonna use laptop as a just in case,well impressed with the cortex
    cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I have the chance of buying a new Cortex HDC1000 for £180 is this also good.Do i really need one????????
    Kam have bought out a unit very similar to the Cortex and costs just over £100. I have seen them for £90 online. Its the KHD2000.

My local DJ shop has them in so I am going to go in and have a go with one.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    Kam have bought out a unit very similar to the Cortex and costs just over £100. I have seen them for £90 online. Its the KHD2000.

My local DJ shop has them in so I am going to go in and have a go with one.
    Just had a quick look and there is no search facility which is essential for something like this IMO.

after having a play of the cortex i totally agree with the above

That's the one that you can't hook a keyboard into, isn't it?

EDIT: Just seen Darren's post

So does the Denon do this "string search" might appear a daft question as I have used one for years but TBH I aint the most switched on when it comes to all this technical stuff.

Oh...it was me that sold the Cortex...glad you are pleased with it.

lol much appreciated Andy and the wife done the business today

So does the Denon do this "string search"
    Yes - F12 on the keyboard to bring it up... not sure which button/knob though!