Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camera wanted for website photos

Default camera wanted for website photos

Hi
    I am looking for a good Camera for taking Photos and Videos in the dark, also of my Lightshow.I will them use them for my Website.I have got a finepix s5700 but the photos in the dark are terrible.Any one got a good camera in good condition going spare.
    thanks

the fine pix should me good enough - you will have to play around with the settings in the setup menu.

if taking pics of your lights try turning off teh flash - makes big difference on mine
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Hi
    I have tried that but i seam to get a big blur of lights when i am taking photos of the light show.Also when taking photos of my led Curtains they come out like big balls.

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Hi
    I have tried that but i seam to get a big blur of lights when i am taking photos of the light show.Also when taking photos of my led Curtains they come out like big balls.
    That is camera shake. Try getting a cam stand or try one of these..

Click HereClick Here
    I have one, the legs are flexible and you can literally cling it to anything. Decent for rigging, stands etc

Just need to get the camera as still as you can and they should come out as you need them.

Shaun
    Last edited by NXDisco; 01-01-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Further tip

If you're simply after some 'promo' shots, it may be an idea to hire-in a local photographer at one of your gigs (with consent from the client of course!) They'll produce far better photos than any digital compact, and produce the pin-sharp images you're after. If you were closer i'd have offered to do it for you!

Alternatively, if you're interested in buying a camera a dSLR is definitely the way to go if you plan on taking photos at every gig. Granted, the initial cost seems a bit steep, but having full control over your exposures is worth its weight in gold (including using faster shutter speeds and wider apertures (allowing more light into the camera) to keep motion blur to a minimum)

I've got a Canon 500D (which also does HD video) and i've managed to get great results for band photography in extremely dark rooms without a flash. The new version (550D) shoots Full HD video, and has the option to attach an external stereo microphone, useful for promo video's and the likes.

If budget is a factor, there's many "Bridge" cameras out there which may provide a bit more flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by mattydinx View Post
    If you're simply after some 'promo' shots, it may be an idea to hire-in a local photographer at one of your gigs (with consent from the client of course!) They'll produce far better photos than any digital compact, and produce the pin-sharp images you're after. If you were closer i'd have offered to do it for you!

Alternatively, if you're interested in buying a camera a dSLR is definitely the way to go if you plan on taking photos at every gig. Granted, the initial cost seems a bit steep, but having full control over your exposures is worth its weight in gold (including using faster shutter speeds and wider apertures (allowing more light into the camera) to keep motion blur to a minimum)

I've got a Canon 500D (which also does HD video) and i've managed to get great results for band photography in extremely dark rooms without a flash. The new version (550D) shoots Full HD video, and has the option to attach an external stereo microphone, useful for promo video's and the likes.

If budget is a factor, there's many "Bridge" cameras out there which may provide a bit more flexibility

I have tried a tripod with very little difference.Yes i have been told canon cameras are good and easy to use.My Budget is upto £450. Thanks

I'm in the process of selling a EOS 400d on ebay, second hand they go for a couple of hundred.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-400D...item2a0cfaf582, I'm keeping my lenses for my new camera so these would have to be brought.

One option would be to get a lens with a large aperture such as an F2 as it won't need as much light, and also freezing movement of the lights just that little bit more as the image is taken faster. The S5700 is effectively a bridge camera.

As your local if I ever get the chance, when I master the new DSLR (when it arrives in the week) I'd be happy to give it a shot for you. I don't have the bigger aperture on some of my zoom lenses but do have IS which can increase images by one stop. My wide sigma lesn will do F2.8
    Last edited by DJDC; 01-01-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDC View Post
    I'm in the process of selling a EOS 400d on ebay, second hand they go for a couple of hundred.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-400D...item2a0cfaf582, I'm keeping my lenses for my new camera so these would have to be brought.

One option would be to get a lens with a large aperture such as an F2 as it won't need as much light, and also freezing movement of the lights just that little bit more as the image is taken faster. The S5700 is effectively a bridge camera.

As your local if I ever get the chance, when I master the new DSLR (when it arrives in the week) I'd be happy to give it a shot for you. I don't have the bigger aperture on some of my zoom lenses but do have IS which can increase images by one stop. My wide sigma lesn will do F2.8
    sounds good.So does that camera you are selling do videos as well? And it would take good clear Photos of lights and lasers etc.Many Thanks for you help.I am not great with cameras.

I use a fuji finepix and you ill find they have the biggest sensor on the market for low light. You have to set the apature and timings yourself to get best results. Most of the pics on my website have been taken with one of these cameras.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

the 400d don't my new one 60d will though, however my personal view is buy a video camera for proper video use, seems strange buying an SLR to do video (just my view).

I will say I used my kids camera last night to take a few images and short video clips.

The images on my website are not necessarily what I want as they are not staged, and I get no spare time as I work alone. The images I have is one element I am going to work on myself in the next few months.

I do know however what your looking for, as thats what I want, it's far better to get the best images 'set up', and the go for a few extra dancing shots on the night. I tend to go for images where dancing is slightly blurred or motioned as it protects individual identities.

I will add none of the photo's on my website have been taken with the DSLR but either the blackberry or the kids cybershot. The only image with the camera was the one behind the title logo
    Last edited by DJDC; 01-01-2011 at 07:22 PM.