Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    No, just too crap!
    Sorry guys, got to agree with Shaun.
    Very poor content, and they will not review products unless you spend money with them and advertise first.
    Waste of space.
    Mobile beat is a lot better, but it's in the state though
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

In defence of Pro-mobile, I read it from cover to cover and there's usually something of interest. It can't be easy to produce a good magazine in this age of instant information - how can anyone compete with the internet with YouTube, forums, Facebook etc.

I usually pick up DJ Magazine a few times a year and a couple of MixMag's but they are really geared at the club / clubber market.

Does anyone on here subscribe to Mobile Beat - if so, what does it do well and how much does it cost?

Cheers, Paul ;o)
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk

I think magazines aren't as useful or necessary as they used to be due to the internet. Its so easy to google something and find numerous results. Forums are useful too for keeping up to date and exchanging ideas and views.

Nothing against Pro Mobile myself but I think things such as reviews are mostly based on personal opinion. There's a market for evrything and just because a reviewer might think something such as a £100 pair of speakers are rubbish there will be plenty of folk that might think they are good for back-up or a youth club with not much money or something like that.

If I want to buy some kit I will ask on somewhere like on here to get the views of DJs that are actually working with the kit and then having got some ideas of what works in the real world I will track the products down in stores via the net and then go and demo them in the flesh...better still there might be a working DJ close to me that doesn't mind me going to see the actual kit in use one night.

As for general news its normally much more up to date on forums, some being a bit more gosip based than others.

Guess there are some folk that like the actual physical thing of sitting down with a magazine, just as there are those who llike to read a newspaper rather than watch TV news programs...if that's the case then its prob worth you trying Pro Mobile, you can read samples on the internet and if you email ed I think he will send you a sample copy. [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post

Does anyone on here subscribe to Mobile Beat - if so, what does it do well and how much does it cost?

Cheers, Paul ;o)
    Here's a link to the site paul http://www.mobilebeat.com/
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

Tbh i get mine free with NADJ anyway so it doesnt bother me too much lol.

another vote here for Promobile...
    Have you got any DANCE music?

www.cosmicdiscos.com