Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADJ Sparkle LED question

Default ADJ Sparkle LED question

I'm interested in buying four of these ADJ Sparkle LEDs and I have a question. The unit is very simple, only one switch for static or rotate and no DMX. How then can you make them rotate in different directions?

...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Probably by keep banging the power on and off untill the motor turns in the correct direction.
    If its a Mains motor itll do that , If its a low voltage one forget it .
    Let us know how it goes
    Try it in the shop and please publish your findings

Cheers
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I'm interested in buying four of these ADJ Sparkle LEDs and I have a question. The unit is very simple, only one switch for static or rotate and no DMX. How then can you make them rotate in different directions?
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVESOUNDS SERVICES View Post
    Probably by keep banging the power on and off untill the motor turns in the correct direction.
    If its a Mains motor itll do that , If its a low voltage one forget it .
    Let us know how it goes
    Try it in the shop and please publish your findings

Cheers
    Sorry Dave I think you're barking completely up the wrong tree.

I must first say that I haven't seen any in the flesh, so this is only speculation, but.......

....hang it the other way up?

As it's not sound active I can't see it changing rotation direction & the bracket looks big enough to be able to swap which way up it hangs.
    Just swivel the bracket from the top to the bottom , turn the unit 180 degrees horizontally, so that the lens is facing forwards (if it isn't already). Then turn it 180 degrees on it's axis, so that the bracket is at the top again (ie the writing on the side will be upside down)

Bingo! The one with the writing the right way up is rotating one way the inverted unit rotates the other.

Simples
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Steve, I'm fairly sure you're absolutely wrong there. You're rotating the body of the unit, which will have no effect on the rotation of the beams.

You'd have to rotate it about the other axis to achieve the effect that way, but of course, the beams would then be going behind you.

( There may be another very simple way to achieve the desired effect, but I can't advocate it. )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Sod it! I've confused myself now. Back in a mo.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 04-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Nope, I'm wrong. Back to the drawing board.

Right having just built a 3D model & established that Peter is indeed right & the only way to get the beams rotating the other way by maneuvering the unit, is by having it pointing the wrong way. I'm wondering if they rotate a different direction every time you switch from static to rotate. (ie rotate left > static > rotate right > static > rotate left....etc.....) In much the same way as the Wildtech Halucination does.

The manual is about as much good as a chocolate fireguard in this respect. It doesn't even show the switch!
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 04-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Think id go for my explanation!
    its got motors in to rotate the beams
    ( i worked that out from the video by the way ~)
    Dave
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

But I'm not sure about directions. If it's not sound active, what is the point in putting in a "reverse gear"?

I like them, might get a couple myself. I couldn't get my head around the twisting them upside down and back to front either - so I've just emailed Chuck in the USA (it's his video) to ask him how he did it, and also sent him a link to the forum if he fancies joining. Going to be embarrassing if he comes back with a really obvious answer!