Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: PCDJ-VJ vs VDJ

Default PCDJ-VJ vs VDJ

Hi Guys,

Iv been running PCDJ-VJ this year and have had no probs with it (apart from when i bought a backlit keyboard, then all hell broke loose lol) i use the same programme to do both my dj - vj & karaoke gigs but no-one seems to use it ??
    everyone seems to be on VDJ ?? any particular reason for this ??
    i dont think it would be a massive change for me as im pretty computer litterate, just wondered if the benefits were great or am i better as i am ?
    cheers

On New Year's Day, John (Twinspin) was driving the Karaoke using PCDJ, and proclaimed it to be the dog's dangly bits. I was too preoccupied using the cattle prod on the singers to take much notice of the programme, but I have to say it ran flawlessly.

At a previous gig, the roles were reversed ( thirteen year old party, so John didn't need a cattle prod ), and I used VDJ equally without a hitch. My laptop is not that new, or high spec but it coped easily enough.

I think, but this is only supposition, that the state of your hard drive has a big influence on how well the programmes run.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

as one of my play out systems i use vdj on a macbook and find it great,and it will read and play straight from source.

many years ago i ran pcdj with a dac controller,was quite stable but from what i remember you had to import tunes into it before playing them.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

yeah as i use a purpose built pc i had to tell it where to look for the tunes but i only had to do this once and when i add new tracks,
    does VDJ play all music file formats ? and vids? and cdg ?
    might have a look on my home pc first trial it then give it a bash one weekend
    www.revolutiondisconorthwest.co.uk
    enquiries@revolutiondisconorthwest
    Covering Wigan, St Helens, Warrington & beyond

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionDiscoNW View Post
    yeah as i use a purpose built pc i had to tell it where to look for the tunes but i only had to do this once and when i add new tracks,
    does VDJ play all music file formats ? and vids? and cdg ?
    might have a look on my home pc first trial it then give it a bash one weekend
    VDJ plays just about anything you throw at it. Karaoke, video, photo shows and most music formats.

VDJ will show your folder structure as it is on your hard drive.

There is a free download of the home version on the VDJ website for you to try.

cheers guys i will give it a go over this next couple of weeks and try and review some comparisons
    www.revolutiondisconorthwest.co.uk
    enquiries@revolutiondisconorthwest
    Covering Wigan, St Helens, Warrington & beyond