Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Website ... what do you think ?

Default Website ... what do you think ?

Hi Everyone,

First of all thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply to these posts its a lot of the same names but none the less appreciated !!
    this site really is a mine of great info and valuable contacts ....
    now down to business!

my website gets quite a bit of traffic, but im not sure what impression people get from it ? my family are all very nice in goin "aww well done you did that yourself, excellent & good luck" but i would like some impartial words from people who work in the industry !

muchos gracias
    www.revolutiondisconorthwest.co.uk
    enquiries@revolutiondisconorthwest
    Covering Wigan, St Helens, Warrington & beyond

I think the front page looks great.

Don't like the business card (mirror ball and speaker) image on the other pages, think some colour photos (even stock ones) would be nicer.

Not too sure about the gallery, don't like the navigating away from your site (you've got 'em, so keep' em there). I wouldn't be too happy having all my photos available for everyone to view like that that, but select a few choice ones and have a gallery on your site.

Some of the words could be tweaked, I quickly rewrote the first paragraph (though it could still be tweaked a bit more):

Revolution Discos are proud to have over 30 years combined experience in the entertainment industry.

We are available for all functions including Weddings, Christenings and Birthday parties.

When you book with Revolution Discos you can be sure your event will be in the best possible hands.

I think it's better to refer to 'your' event rather than 'their' event - makes it a bit more personal.

I've had a look and, not that i'm an expert, it looks good!

I checked it out on a Mac using Safari and all seems OK.

Contact us on functions page just goes back to home page though.

With the why choose us, i prefer to state my selling points, not state why you shouldn't use someone else. Sell on what you offer, why isn't this an easy way for you to make money?

Get some photos on your own site rather than having to link elsewhere.

what's the "last night a dj saved my life about"? seems to really slow the page in loading. Also look at splitting your phone numbers to make it easier to read.

Looking behind the scenes, there doesn't seem to be any SEO going on (or maybe i'm missing it!).

Good effort, just put some photos on the site!

Hope this helps

Steve.

again many thanks all help more than welcome !
    i will have a look at the pics and logos to be completely honest iv been promising a revamp to my business partner for weeks...
    and as for the photo gallery the only way i could have a nice fancy gallery like that was to have a seperate page - the response for which has been fairly good, see iwas toying with the idea of selling keyrings at my gigs but i opted for nipping round with my nikon and bobbing the pics on a disc for the person whose event it is and that costs them a little extra, then with their permission i use a few on the website that their guests can view and hand out cards on the night with the address on to view them ! it brings great traffic to the site and enquiries too

The 'Why Choose Us' page - it's veering heavily towards negative marketing - putting down others rather than building yourself up. A confident company doesn't need to mention their rivals at all. 'Why Choose Us' should be full of how great you are, what you can offer, your USP.

Looking behind the scenes, there doesn't seem to be any SEO going on (or maybe i'm missing it!).

SEO ??????
    sorry im very much a noob to web design

I will re write the why choose us page, to be completly honest it was copy and pasted from another site lol

i think i just need to spen some time now in jan whilst its fairly quiet doing these bits and getting in shape

If the photo gallery is getting you more traffic then I might try that myself!

More than happy to give any changes you make the once over - as I'm sure others on the forum are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionDiscoNW View Post
    I will re write the why choose us page, to be completly honest it was copy and pasted from another site lol
    oops

You might want to do that sooner rather than later...

25. Member ‘Code of Conduct.
    Any member found to be in breach or our ‘codes of conduct’ below, may be sanctioned, removed from the forum and directory.

a) Plagiarism
    b) Theft of any pictures that are posted in the Gallery section of this forum.[/b]
    c) Operating illegally
    d) Letting down customers by failing to show

From http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=19228

... also, why is this in the Mobile Disco Forum??? And isn't there an almost duplicate thread in Website Help??? Or am I getting

Incoming

I'm also surprised this thread hasn't been moved by the powers that be yet to the relevant page
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore