Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strangest Location/Venue You've Ever DJ'd?

Default Strangest Location/Venue You've Ever DJ'd?

Just wanted to share some stories from everyone on here of the strangest location that you have DJ'd at before.

I'll kick it off...

Myself and Tom once DJ'd a wedding at London Zoo! We had to load our equipment onto the coach with the guests and as they had a guided tour of the zoo we sweated and carried our equipment through the Zoo and set up in a conservatory type building near the Australian animals...we then did about 3 hours of background music and about 45 minutes of proper party music as we had to stop the music at 10.30 becuase the animals were going to bed!

But all the guests had a good night...its just we went through all the effort and ended up doing only 45 minutes!

Anyway, it will be interesting to hear your stories
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Not a particularly strange venue, but I was booked to do a Country and Western night in a Chinese Restaurant once (just on the whim of the owner) - no one danced all night apart from a group of drunken rugger players who came in seconds before last food orders and proceeded to line dance/fall over everywhere!

Strangest Venue?
    A HUGE British Telecom Phone Exchange in the middle of a big city!
    The location was the Skylon restuarant on floor12
    it was ok to load / Impossible to park / AND i managed to smuggle a female roadie in!.....The reason being the 24hour Directory Enquiry operators were being made redundant and the entire place closed ....Boy itwas emotional night! to see the old wooden cord switchboards all off and silent!
    Some of the people had worked together on nights for 20 plus years!
    It paid well though!..its good to talk eh?
    Cheers
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

Two weird ones for me.

Many light years ago i had a contract with Pickwick Records which were only sold in Woolworths so ended with full rig in the isles of Regent Street Woolworths playing there latest tunes and telling the shoppers why they should buy them.

Second one was asked if i could provide a disco for some Fishermen in Weymouth took the job and was told be down at the docks at 6pm so when i got there they put all my gear in a big net then craned it on to a trawler ended up about a quarter of a mile offshore with a load of pontoons lashed together as a dance floor i was below decks trying not to be sick and trying to keep the needle on the records up top a load of other boats had arrived a formed a floating village looked great with all my lights in the rigging,but im no sailor so hats of to the radio pirate boys.

I did a Christmas disco for a youth club this year in an old church , felt a bit strange with a 10ft crucifix on the stage directly behind me, the thing that got me and I couldn't believe it 100+ kids 11 to 14 years old absolutely nuts fighting all over the place jumping on tables, coming up on stage about 20 at a time crowding me, it was a bit unnerving but by the end of the night they had had a good time and I quite enjoyed it.

I did a booking on a private barge canal earlier this year.

It wasn't the narrow boat type you see on canals but one that used to carry cargo that had been refitted out.

That's my most unusual one to date

JTRS

Not really exciting, but Nottingham caves.

I've done a few christenings at a Polish club too. They have been interesting.

Although it was a normal venue, Tony's 'leg slappers' were fantastic.

ppentertainments

Disco in the Metro Centre. Might not seem weird but was on the balcony of a restaurant and could be heard half way round this particular area of the centre. This area has loads of eateries and by the end of the night they were all joining in. Lights glying everywhere and the noise travelled so far it was unbelievable. Had a phone call before Christmas from one owner asking if same would be happening again (was only last January).

Race night in a Treehouse - not really a normal treehouse, but nevertheless quite unique.

Couple in peoples conservatories - not so strange.

Office blocks - not too strange really, but suprising the amount of times firms hold a function without warning the offices above and below.

I did a karaoke in the middle of cannock wood, nearby to the scout camp. It was a team building event.

Where the client had the idea after the drumming workshop that they wanted to have a singalong around the campfire. It worked better than expected, even though the wind was in the wrong direction and I was in the smoke for the whole night.

Loading up at the end was interesting, pitch black & uneven ground, and a bit chilly too!

bongos Miami