Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids Discos?

Saturday night full fee - I might suggest adults could carry on the party afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by JTRS View Post
    Agree totally with that, and I've had exactly the same, once you explain to the parents that the fee is for the evening and is what you would earn then they (in most cases) understand and accept it.

I'd charge my usual Saturday night rate, regardless of age and time.

JTRS
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Same here - my normal response would be the full Saturday night 4hr show fee.

If it was really local or for someone I knew well (in a good way!) I might be tempted to knock £20 max off for the lure of an early night! Maybe but unlikely!
    Agreed - and 'usually' they take it up - - if not - we're prob booked for a wedding or adult party anyway x

I take full fee for a Sat night. If they won't pay, they don't get. Simple as that.

Sounds fair to me... in fact I'm doing 7 - 9 this Friday - FULL FEE!

We had nothing in and there was nothing going to come in so I pro rata'd the fee we would charge for 5 hours £200 to 3 hours £120.

Its only 3 hours and a small rig, so better than being sat on my bottom. Plus will be home for 10:45 as its jut round the corner. IF any more come up further in the future I would probably charge full fee.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    We had nothing in and there was nothing going to come in so I pro rata'd the fee we would charge for 5 hours £200 to 3 hours £120.

Its only 3 hours and a small rig, so better than being sat on my bottom. Plus will be home for 10:45 as its jut round the corner. IF any more come up further in the future I would probably charge full fee.

You see Neil thats fine if you're going to do it without Kev.....

We are both Hobbyists Neil....and are not embarassed to admit it.I look at every opportunity on its merit.You are moving out of your comfort zone and thats good....

At the moment theres some great Music around so three hours is fine.There are a couple of things you could do to strap the time out too and make it memorable for the kids.....If you do this could create a different market for you.

If you want I could probably come down and give you a lift with it...if I'm not working....

Bite the bullet.....£120 is fine given the circumstances...on a smaller rig as well.....You're minted in your day job anyway!!!

Pretty much the same story here.

-I only take these gigs on a Friday.
    -I do pro-rate the fee otherwise it gets scary and I actually really enjoy these gigs because they dance for the full time.
    -Normally 2.5 hours. In a couple of weeks I will do 2 hours for a 13 yr old and did 3 hours for a 15 year old a few months back
    -I take a small rig so I can pack up quick. They like to be out the Village Hall quick as the kids are tired, so it makes sense for everyone.
    -I get a lot of repeat business this way referals from the other kids.

Copy of Now 77 to hand plus all the latest chart music just released. Chuck in a few party classics, Cha Cha Slide, Mickey, Fast Food Rockers etc and you are sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Pretty much the same story here.

-I only take these gigs on a Friday.
    -I do pro-rate the fee otherwise it gets scary and I actually really enjoy these gigs because they dance for the full time.
    -Normally 2.5 hours. In a couple of weeks I will do 2 hours for a 13 yr old and did 3 hours for a 15 year old a few months back
    -I take a small rig so I can pack up quick. They like to be out the Village Hall quick as the kids are tired, so it makes sense for everyone.
    -I get a lot of repeat business this way referals from the other kids.

Copy of Now 77 to hand plus all the latest chart music just released. Chuck in a few party classics, Cha Cha Slide, Mickey, Fast Food Rockers etc and you are sorted.

would have to completely agree!! i started doing kids parties in the beggining as i did similar for a friend a few years back response was massive !!!
    i did all the xmas discos for 4 local schools and have had a heap of further booking from both parents and the schools ......
    as said they dance the whole time sing along and love to be interacted with ...
    although i did find it extremely tiring i suppose some of the old timers couldnt do it
    i will only do them weekdays and sat afternoons as i can still go to an evening gig afterwards and my price reflects this but i thinks its easy money if you have the patience
    www.revolutiondisconorthwest.co.uk
    enquiries@revolutiondisconorthwest
    Covering Wigan, St Helens, Warrington & beyond

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    You see Neil thats fine if you're going to do it without Kev.....

We are both Hobbyists Neil....and are not embarassed to admit it.I look at every opportunity on its merit.You are moving out of your comfort zone and thats good....

At the moment theres some great Music around so three hours is fine.There are a couple of things you could do to strap the time out too and make it memorable for the kids.....If you do this could create a different market for you.

If you want I could probably come down and give you a lift with it...if I'm not working....

Bite the bullet.....£120 is fine given the circumstances...on a smaller rig as well.....You're minted in your day job anyway!!!
    It will be both of us, but I view it as not doing anything else that evening, that's the years PAT and PLI paid for so my other jobs are more in profit.

If it works out may do some more in the future.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    It will be both of us, but I view it as not doing anything else that evening, that's the years PAT and PLI paid for so my other jobs are more in profit.

If it works out may do some more in the future.

Its a huge market....I can sometimes squeeze 3 or 4 into a weekend and when you latch that onto your Friday and Saturday evenings it makes it whizzo....but you need a smaller portable rig that goes up and down in 30 mins to make it work!!

Good Luck!!