Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new setup can you recommend some stuff

Default new setup can you recommend some stuff

Hi Guys

I want something i can put 10000s on songs on and get them up with just a quick click of a button and create playlists and all that stuff

Now i know there is the HD-2500, Numark Hdmix, DDS80-or DDS or Pioneer MEP7000 anyone know which is the best one

I know there were some noises coming from the Hdmix when the sound was still all the way down but has this been sorted out with the latest firmware

I also need someone to recommend me a decent amp and some speakers about 1000w

Thanks for your help

First things first - Your budget, as this is the crucial factor in deciding what equipment you're going to need.

Do you currently have any equipment at all, or are you starting from scratch? You'll need a mixer to work with many of controllers out there today.

Hardware controllers are great however, have you also considered a laptop/computer option?

Sound system choice depends again, on budget, but also on what kind of functions you'll be doing.

Is space an issue, for both transport and storage - If so, you'll probably be looking at 10 or 12" speakers. You mentioned an amp and speakers as separates - would you consider active/powered speakers? - again, to reduce size and weight.

Hope this gives you a little insight.

Quote Originally Posted by noris View Post
    Hi Guys

I want something i can put 10000s on songs on and get them up with just a quick click of a button and create playlists and all that stuff

Now i know there is the HD-2500, Numark Hdmix, DDS80-or DDS or Pioneer MEP7000 anyone know which is the best one

I know there were some noises coming from the Hdmix when the sound was still all the way down but has this been sorted out with the latest firmware

I also need someone to recommend me a decent amp and some speakers about 1000w

Thanks for your help
    Hmmmmm, we haven't enough info for helpful advice. For eexample, playout could range from a Cortex at circa £250 to a MEP at around £1200!!

Amp and speakers similarly, from a pair of Peaveys and a warrior amp for less than £500, to a couple of RCF's at £1500.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks for the help guys

Yes i have a mixer

I would also like hrdware to put the music on not a laptop

Size doesn't really matter too much as there will be a few of us but nothing really big

I have around £2.7k maybe a little more if its good that’s for a medi player amp and speakers do you think i could get something decent for that money also dont mine good 2nd hand

We will be doing small clubs and pubs but i want some decent speakers so if we do start doing bigger we wont need to buy more speakers so im not sure how many watts we would need for that

I have seen the HD-2500 Pioneer MEP7000 Hdmix and DDS but don’t know which one will be the best i want one that can ceate playlists easy be able to find the songs with ease and is fast to load

Thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by noris View Post
    Thanks for the help guys

Yes i have a mixer

I would also like hrdware to put the music on not a laptop

Size doesn't really matter too much as there will be a few of us but nothing really big

I have around £2.7k maybe a little more if its good that’s for a medi player amp and speakers do you think i could get something decent for that money also dont mine good 2nd hand

We will be doing small clubs and pubs but i want some decent speakers so if we do start doing bigger we wont need to buy more speakers so im not sure how many watts we would need for that

I have seen the HD-2500 Pioneer MEP7000 Hdmix and DDS but don’t know which one will be the best i want one that can ceate playlists easy be able to find the songs with ease and is fast to load

Thanks again for your help
    Hi John, the pioneer MEP is in a different league to the others you have mentioned great system that will even play cdg and has video out great search options and very fast ,in fact on ebay there is a controller for sale item no 130473380462 buy it now £ 399 .

Noris,

As previously requested in your newbies post. Please take a moment to fill in your profile. This can be done via the User CP settings at the top left hand side of the forum. This is a requirement for using the forum. Thanks.

I use the Denon 2500 and like it, it fits the bill for what you want, however, the Pioneer is also said to be excellent.

Assuming you buy a Denon and drive, keyboard, hub etc. that will leave you close to £2k for speakers, personally I would go for a 4 box system to start with, for the money you won't do too badly. I would go active...that is amps built into the speaker cabs, personally I prefer this as the amps are matched perfectly to the speakers, they have protection built in and its less to set-up and carry, there are those that will argue the passive option...that's seperate amps and speakers and its pretty much horses for corses. Not really that up on prices nowadays but maybe the DB Technologies stuff is a decent point to start from, maybe look at brookes too. In order to get an even sound I would prob go for 12s and either 15 or 18 bins. RMS rating is what you need to look at and about 6w RMS per person is about the accepted power requirements for the job, i.e. 1.2k will do about 200 people comfortably.

I think that if you decide on just full range cabs, i.e. one pair of speakers only then if they are 12s they will have to be excellent, something like the RCF 7 series or the JBL PRX, if you go for 15s then that leaves you a bit more scope and you will find lots of suitable cabs for your budget. One cab I particularly like for full range is the DAS DS15As, well worth a listen...so too the FBTs.

yeah did that Shaun thanks

Hi Andy

Thanks for all that great info

does anyone know if the MEP7000 can do string that is if you put in love it will bring up i will always love you

Thanks again

It is also helpful if you add your location (people local to you can often offer better advice / easier to network / help each other out)

if you were to go with the denon hd2500 you could use standalone or have the option to use it as a midi controller for laptop and software in the future.
    I have seen them sell for as little as £280 recently on ebay.

I use laptop + virtual dj and hercules rmx and find it great having a full screen display of my decks.

I also use QSC active speakers and personally prefer them to the rcf equivalents. There is a good bloke who I've bought from before on the mdjf forum selling a practically new pair of QSC k10 with bags for about £1100 and if I hadn't mine I would bite his hand off. Pickup a decent active sub (or two) and you have a great quality system that won't break your back or the bank.