Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Cortex HDC 3000 please!

Default Your opinions on Cortex HDC 3000 please!

i have just ordered one of these and i have got a numark dds drive hard drive and cd player on the way to go with this.

whats your opinions on the cortex and dds and any tips on it would be great. what features do you usually use on the cortex. if i wanted to go to the toilet in a gig would i be able to have it on auto mix/continuos play etc.
    keeping the dds drive as back up and take a few cd's just incase the hard drve cant be read for some reason

Chris, as a veteran digital DJ ( well the veteran bit is not in dispute, and I've been digital for nearly three years. )
    I have a Cortex1000, and a Numark D2. Same as you, but different.

Believe me, you'll soon be leaving the CD's at home. The easiest way ( maybe not perhaps the best, but certainly the easiest) is to shove half a dozen sets onto a memory stick, eg background, easy, chart, etc, and then when you want a comfort break, simply select the required set.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

i have also just bought the cortex 1000 and am just getting my head around it and what a bit of kit it is, i have also just got from maplins for £39 a 3.5 external hdd box which you can open the end and just slide the hard drive into so i can take a spare hard drive should mine go faulty,its a 5 second change

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=261118

thanks for the reply

will the cortex play a song on the memory stick and then play the next song without you doing anything, if you get the song ready like a playlist of some sort.

im looking forward to trying it out when it turns up now. the hard part is going to be putting my thousands of cds onto harddrive. not looking forward to that. any ideas what is best program to use for that

Quote Originally Posted by chrispeacock View Post
    the hard part is going to be putting my thousands of cds onto harddrive. not looking forward to that. any ideas what is best program to use for that
    Audiograbber is pretty good. Anything that uses the Lame encoder will serve you well.

thanks for the reply

will the cortex play a song on the memory stick and then play the next song without you doing anything, if you get the song ready like a playlist of some sort.
    Yes. Again, it's simple. ( And easier than Denon/Numark ). You set one side to run from the stick, the other side to run from the HD, and bingo, away you go. That's the beauty of having, in effect, two completely separate players in one housing.

im looking forward to trying it out when it turns up now. the hard part is going to be putting my thousands of cds onto harddrive. not looking forward to that.
    I feel your pain. Been there............................

any ideas what is best program to use for that
    Oh yuss. The universal solution, Media Monkey. After you've tried it, shell out about £15 for the bells and whistles Gold version, it's worth it.

im looking forward to trying it out when it turns up now. the hard part is going to be putting my thousands of cds onto harddrive. not looking forward to that.
    Oh I don't envy you. I remember how long it took me. It's absolutely worth it though.

I used Audiograbber for ripping the CD's. It's free. Many people swear by MediaMonkey too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Oh I don't envy you. I remember how long it took me. It's absolutely worth it though.

I used Audiograbber for ripping the CD's. It's free. Many people swear by MediaMonkey too.
    Indeed. The poster before you just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Indeed. The poster before you just did.
    I noticed that after I posted. In fact, at the time I was posting I was going to say Excalibur will be along soon to explain the benefits of MediaMonkey. Glad you didn't disappoint me. #

P.s. I purchased that very software on your recommendation and it's been money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I noticed that after I posted. In fact, at the time I was posting I was going to say Excalibur will be along soon to explain the benefits of MediaMonkey. Glad you didn't disappoint me. #

P.s. I purchased that very software on your recommendation and it's been money well spent.
    Frivolous mode: Thank for that. I couldn't bear the thought of of being instrumental in wasting your hard earned.

Serious mode engaged: I'm not too hot on software, and so I have to say that the reason I so love MM is that it's so easy to use, so versatile ( it's a ripper, a player, a database, can tag and edit MP3's, and probably some other things I don't know about).

I couldn't get on with Audiograbber at all, though some on here sing its praises.