Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Cortex HDC 3000 please!

Hi Everyone

not heard about the HDC-1000 before but it sounds good just wondering what its like compared to the Numark Hdmix, DDS or Pioneer MEP7000

I want one but dont know which one to get has anyone had any of the above and if so what do they think its like compared to the HDC-1000

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    That wasn't what was asked (If I'm reading correctly, it is a completely different question to the one you answered & so far nobody has answered it)
    I think I'm reading it the same as you Steve, and if we're reading it correctly, the answer is no... or at least we haven't found a way to do it.

Ssssssush!!!! We don't want anybody knowing we've got one. They'll all think I use it now!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

As another guy has just said - when the HDC3000 was originally released it was hopeless, but the updates fixed the majority of issues early on. Can you elaborate on what problems you found?

By the way - Using the file browser can make either the HDC1000 or HDC3000 either pause or lock up if you store music in a hierarchy more than 2 folders deep. Cortex don't recommend using the File browser anyway, but then the majority of users will use the Manager software to index a drive, which means you shouldn't ever need to browse (just search using the keyboard).
    Jules - even after updates some units still lock up at random. altho the last one I went to see was in aug last year.

to start with a lot f people probally wont have a keyboard, i know i didnt for a few months. and yes i used the cortex manager to create the database but the problem is still there on hard drives. as I said its not a cortex issue but a limitation of the hard drive. even with using teh keyboard tho it is possible to get slight pauses on teh deck thats playing - again as i have said its a limitation of the harddrives - and on mem stick teh issue is not there at all.

I stand by my comment wouldnt use a 3000 even if given to me !

but teh 1000 will never part with
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

i have a keyboard. im going to stick a hard drive in the dds unit to see if that is any better than and external one. or as mentioned usb stick might be on the cards if i find it pausing at all

the cortex hdc 3000 turned up today and looks great. is easy to use, and didnt quite fit in my box. so i went up the old mans who has a better spare box than mine. my dds numark dvd player and hard drive turned up from germany 2 mins later. tidy darts.

so i fitted these to the new box alone with the mixer and i also fitted the old dual cd mixer in there so i can use both in upcoming gigs until i am confident that i can do a whole gig with the cortex and single cd dds player

the dds and cortex matched up straight away. and can even play 2 songs off the same disc at the same time. never even knew that was possible.

the cortex wouldnt let me external hrddrive connect to it though and would crash straight away as someone suggested on here. but it worked perfectly off my 8gb ipod and 16gb phone for 2 hours without crashing at all.

im still waiting for my usb keyboard to turn up but its pretty easy without it to be honest

glad to hear you are happy, best of luck with it

im looking at getting a hard drive to go into the one built in the dds part. before i do buy anything though i would rather know that this would work and not crash like the external jobbie

Quote Originally Posted by chrispeacock View Post
    thanks for the reply

will the cortex play a song on the memory stick and then play the next song without you doing anything, if you get the song ready like a playlist of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Yes. Again, it's simple. ( And easier than Denon/Numark ). You set one side to run from the stick, the other side to run from the HD, and bingo, away you go. That's the beauty of having, in effect, two completely separate players in one housing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    That wasn't what was asked (If I'm reading correctly, it is a completely different question to the one you answered & so far nobody has answered it)
    OK Steve, on second reading, I agree that I misunderstood the question. However, I must be mising something here, because it's a doddle to get the Cortex to keep playing. Just give it a category, and off it goes. It's stopping the blighter that's the problem.

If I search for a genre, let's say Tamla Motown, and select it, and then press play, it will continously play every track listed. Simples. In fact it's so simples, I'm convinced that that isn't the question everybody wanted answering, either.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    If I search for a genre, let's say Tamla Motown, and select it, and then press play, it will continously play every track listed. Simples. In fact it's so simples, I'm convinced that that isn't the question everybody wanted answering, either.
    Without any gaps? I didn't think it could do that (and the Denon does).

If the Cortex does truly continuous play, please share the secret