Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any new kit or any plans?

Default Any new kit or any plans?

Anyone spending on their show for the New Year…bit of a refurbish or anything like that…or have you a 2011 wish list?

I’ve just spent about £700 and have about another £300-400 to go to just bring things up to scratch again, the kit has been absolutely hammered over the summer and Christmas season and pretty much had nothing done on it. Over several years I have worked up to kit like Pioneer, Martin Professional, Lampo, Robe, Denon, Bose, turbo Sound, RCF etc. and guess that with that sort of kit the danger is to be complacent and then if you aint careful it all goes wrong at once.

I have just bought new ends and wheels for my Ultimax stand and a new trusslight bar so that’s all shiny again. I got a Warwick 4ft wheeled trunk case with dividers…already got some of those and they are excellent value…about £130 from Absolute. Had a little bit of sowing done on the S+H cloth as it was just going about half an inch on one corner…Oh and spotted a KAM VR250 laser in the local store on sale for £140 so snapped that up and for now taken my Nebular off the main show…its nice, the purple or violet or whatever you want to call it is very bright and different…at times you would sware it was blue.

My console case is something like a 11/8 and far to big and too tall really, the Denon is in the top at the back and you have to stand on tip toes to read it, in the top is the DJM3000 and CMX remote panel and then the Denon at the back and in the front is the CMX slots, 2 Karaoke machines and a keyboard tray. Going to go for a 11/4 so I can have just the keyboard tray and slots in the front and then a 4u rack case for the Karaoke machines separate…ok, it will be a pain to have to wire the karaoke machines but they only get used from time to time and better to have the main console lower down and of course lighter.

Not really got any more plans for the kit but no doubt something will catch my eye

So what you all up to kit wise and what’s on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    Had a little bit of sowing done on the S+H cloth as it was just going about half an inch on one corner…
    I have exactly the same problem!

Led video cloth 5mm pitch 3mx2m to do all sorts of visuals ,save messing around with projectors will be my next major investment.

Replaced gig laptop but that is all.

I did buy 12 uplighters/floor stands/cases in December but my policy now is strictly only replacing failing equipment or if it is something that will draw in more money.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Before the redundancy:

1x Deck Stand Booth Pro
    2x iSolution iMove 250s
    2x Martin Wizard Extreme
    2x 2m Quad Truss
    2x Winch Tripods

After the redundancy

http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I did buy 12 uplighters/floor stands/cases in December but my policy now is strictly only replacing failing equipment or if it is something that will draw in more money.

I wouldn't mind swapping the Mackies for some RCF's. Something I'll look into in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

I wouldn't mind swapping the Mackies for some RCF's. Something I'll look into in a couple of months.
    I dont really see the difference being worth the money IMO. If your mackies died then yes but just to replace them no.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I dont really see the difference being worth the money IMO. If your mackies died then yes but just to replace them no.
    I agree, a lot of money for a sideways step.

I'd like to smarten up my disco frontage...the wife doesn't seem to agree

Where do I start!? - Expensive year for me!

• Replace passive 15" Peaveys with Active JBL PRX612's, QSC K12 or RCF 712A's
    • Fazer (since I lent my smoke machine to a friend and he burnt the pump out)
    • Centerpiece lighting effect
    • 2x Acme iRock 5B (or 7B if I can get a decent price)
    • 4x LED PARs/Panels

and of course the Ultimax stand with trusslite (waiting to come into stock) and NJD starcloth.