Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many up lighters..

Sorry for asking.

I'll figure it out.

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with asking Charlie but it is surprising that you have seen a room and are offering a service yet don't know how many cans are required?

As Dave has said I use the Stairville Par 56's and the Adam Hall base plates and my cables are made up of 3m power and 5m dmx. I will also be nicking Dan's idea and getting some 5m power ones made up too.

I recently brought 12 and with cables,boxes etc.. it came to just shy of £600.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I saw the room today and asked for the dimensions.

I told the couple I would email them a quote for the additional lighting ASAP.

When I got home and looked in my diary, I noticed a lot of couples had shown interest/requested it. (I had allocated Sunday to go through my diary and give everyone a call to see how they're doing etc and whether they have made up their mind)

I know how much Ben charges per can so was going to base the quote on that UNTIL I thought it would be more beneficial to just buy my own.

Hence the thread/questions.

We typically work with 1 can every 3m, but it all depends on the room as has been said before. A picture is the best way to work out how many units you will need. We sometimes do them every 1.5 / 2m just to make it complicated however

It just all depends on the room. Is there any chance that you can go back and get a picture?
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

I'll have a look on the website.

If possible, I'll avoid going back. I don't think the management were keen about having another DJ.

The bride is having to pay the hotel £50 because she is sourcing entertainment elsewhere.

It's the same hotel where I go to my Neighbourhood Watch Xmas parties!

Here!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I guess people will say the curtains are going to be an issue?

I made the effort of going out with 2 local jocks (One of them being Dan) who had uplighting when I went full time Charlie so I could gain this sort of knowledge. I learnt pretty much everything I needed to then so when clients ask about it you can give answers pretty much straight away and in a confident manner.

Why not hire the next lot off Ben with more than enough cans to go around then you have an idea of how many you need to buy etc..?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

ideally id say 12 but im sure people who do the uplighting regular will proberly be best to advise, i cant see the curtains being an issue.

After looking at the photo id maybe do:

4 either side of the room and then 2 at the bottom and 2 behind you
    Dave

Assuming that the room isn't much longer than the big picture then I would guess that 14 -16 cans would be enough.

One for each of the wallpapered pillar things and 2 for each end with some down the other wall between the pictures.

That would be my recommendation anyway
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire