Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Which flightcase?

Default Which flightcase?

Can anyone recommend a suitable flightcase to house a Numark C2 mixer, a Cortex HDC1000 and a Stairville DMX Master1? I have been staring blankly at pages of them for hours now and I've come to the conclusion that I either need to see them installed or get advice . I am going to have to mail order so I don't want to it up. Any photo's would be very helpful.

2011 is my year of sorting everything out. In my quest for the 1hr set-up I am re-wiring my lights, going DMX and flightcasing my playout (apart from laptop)

Thanks Guys
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Not sure of size you'll need but the Citronic range are very economical but built solidly - no regrets buying one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    Not sure of size you'll need but the Citronic range are very economical but built solidly - no regrets buying one of them.
    Yes, I agree, I have been looking at their website. Trouble is I don't know my U's from my elbow and I can't work out which one is best.
    ''''

U'll (pun intended & It's not technically txt spk) need to take into account where the connections are on the equipment if you want to house them in the same case they look recessed on the DMX Master, but aren't on the mixer.

I presume you want them all on a slant of the case? What order top to bottom were you planning on having them?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Looks like you'll need at least 10U, both the mixer & controller are 4U & the Cortex is 2U

I'd say a minimum of this http://www.djkit.com/product.php?id=3369&cat=208 (which would also give you room for a keyboard drawer for the Cortex) Although this would mean having the DMX Master at the front.

This fella http://www.djkit.com/product.php?id=5080&cat=208 in conjunction with some blanking plates would mean you could put them in any order you want as the mixer sockets can be kept clear of obstruction.
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    U'll (pun intended & It's not technically txt spk) need to take into account where the connections are on the equipment if you want to house them in the same case they look recessed on the DMX Master, but aren't on the mixer.

I presume you want them all on a slant of the case? What order top to bottom were you planning on having them?
    Yes, I was looking at slanted cases in preference, and I was thinking (from the top) cortex, mixer, DMX.

Thanks for U'r help
    ''''

In that case (no pun intended that time) I'd go for the 12U slant with a 2U blanking plate between the Cortex & the mixer. You'll be able to access the connections on the back of the mixer without too much bother.

Although of course this leaves no leeway should you wish to upgrade to a HDC3000, or a HD2500
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 13-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    In that case (no pun intended that time) I'd go for the 12U slant with a 2U blanking plate between the Cortex & the mixer. You'll be able to access the connections on the back of the mixer without too much bother.

Although of course this leaves no leeway should you wish to upgrade to a HDC3000, or a HD2500
    Thanks Steve, very helpful advice . I don't think I will be upgrading the Cortex as it's only my backup.
    ''''