Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what mixer

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    The Studiomaster Fusion is a quality bit of kit and has been a top seller for many years.Sort of a hybrid between karaoke and disco mixer i highly rate it its got everything Norris would require.
    I had one of these, and I got rid. I wasn't impressed with the quality (sound, not build). When you consider how much they've rammed into it for the price they sell it at, it does seem to good to be true. But... each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How is the sound quality in comparison to say a Denon DN-X500 or the Pioneer DJM3000 Tony?
    Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Better than the Denon but a bit behind any Pioneer.
    I don't find there's an awful lot between the DN-X500 and DJM3000, but again, in my opinion, they're both audibly superior to the Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post

I don't find there's an awful lot between the DN-X500 and DJM3000, but again, in my opinion, they're both audibly superior to the Fusion.
    Thanks.

Having used both the Denon and Pioneer for the last 3 or 4 years, I think there is a hell of a difference between them!

Having used both the Denon and Pioneer for the last 3 or 4 years, I think there is a hell of a difference between them!
    Really?? In terms of sound quality? The DJM3000 has more bells and whistles obviously, but I don't think it sounds any better. In saying that, I've only used it in clubs and bedrooms (), and not with my own setup.

What I do find is that when you're running close to maximum output on them, the DN-X500 doesn't distort when you really push it. Not that you should be doing that anyway, of course!

Really?? In terms of sound quality?
    Yep, definitely.

Totally different sound and the Pioneer is better sounding IMO.

Yep, definitely.

Totally different sound and the Pioneer is better sounding IMO.
    Maybe I've missed a trick here! I will need to borrow one and do a comparison sometime

Maybe I've missed a trick here! I will need to borrow one and do a comparison sometime
    The amount of times Darren has extolled the sound quality of Pioneer as being better than my beloved Denon , I'm beginning to think I should arrange a comparison myself.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The amount of times Darren has extolled the sound quality of Pioneer as being better than my beloved Denon
    Only because I own and use both. It's not a gear snobbery thing - the Denon is very good, but I think the Pioneer sounds better.

Only because I own and use both. It's not a gear snobbery thing - the Denon is very good, but I think the Pioneer sounds better.
    Would you consider Allen&Heath? Thats a great sounding mixer.

I find Allen&Heath have concentrated more on the sound quality and Pioneer have gone more down the gizmo's and gadgets route.
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    Would you consider Allen&Heath? Thats a great sounding mixer.
    I have used the Xone 92 and 62 on a couple of occasions and the faders were very smooth, but I thought there was way too much on them for what I required. Hard to tell about about the sounds as I only used them a couple of times and it was a while back.

The S4 came out just after I bought the DJM3000 and to be honest would have been more useful as the effects on the Pioneer are pretty pointless as if I do use effects I use them on the software rather than hardware.