Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: More bass!

Default Wanted: More bass!

We have a venue we supply to which has a 350-400 capacity and does between 15-20 bookings a year with this amount of people.

Now we have been doing it with either an RCF rig - 2 325as and 2 705as and it has just about coped. We have a couple of cheapy active cabs using the LDWats system for the back of the room too, so distribution s fairly good, but we could do with more bass for the dance floor area.

I don't want to spend too much on this - maybe £350 per cab and they must be active/powered/whatever you like to call them for ease of use and adding to the current system.

I don't want passive and I have already priced up hiring, so am now looking for suggestions for this route. Thanks.

Watching closely. I'm in the market for better sound this year ... not at those sort of capacities though.

Are you using your bass cabs sited together or under the tops ... because you can take advantage of the +3db effect if you push them together and put the tops on speaker stands?

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post

Are you using your bass cabs sited together or under the tops ... because you can take advantage of the +3db effect if you push them together and put the tops on speaker stands?
    or on poles.

Yes, they will be together and under the tops and yes, I do know about the extra 3db, thanks anyway.

What's for sale then? Any bundles?

Could you please take the time to make sure you post threads in the correct area of the forum. Thanks

Thread moved
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Where did I post it then?

For Sale
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    We have a venue we supply to which has a 350-400 capacity and does between 15-20 bookings a year with this amount of people.

Now we have been doing it with either an RCF rig - 2 325as and 2 705as and it has just about coped. We have a couple of cheapy active cabs using the LDWats system for the back of the room too, so distribution s fairly good, but we could do with more bass for the dance floor area.

I don't want to spend too much on this - maybe £350 per cab and they must be active/powered/whatever you like to call them for ease of use and adding to the current system.

I don't want passive and I have already priced up hiring, so am now looking for suggestions for this route. Thanks.
    Darren, apologies for this but I can't PM you due to my holiday in the sin bin BUT....what venue is this?
    The reason I ask is because as you know, I have a function this year at one of the venues you do and it's a pretty big one which I have yet to visit. It would be good to know if it's one of them.

While it is widely known that my knowledge of active systems is limited, and my love for them is smaller, these two appear to fit the specified criteria. Whether they're any good, I have no idea, and I apologise for this failing.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ta18.htm
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_cl_115_sub.htm
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    While it is widely known that my knowledge of active systems is limited, and my love for them is smaller, these two appear to fit the specified criteria. Whether they're any good, I have no idea, and I apologise for this failing.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ta18.htm
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_cl_115_sub.htm
    I like the look of the second sub there, and not a bad price too. Would like to know others thoughts on this?