Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another produb ish post

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    ADMIN NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS: Please take no notice of the last statement above in Toby's post. There is no evidence to support such a statement[/B]
    But 666 is the number of the beast
    This one has Steve on the album cover (red devil on the bottom).

As per the produb statement (and microsoft for that matter):

I understand and I am sorry and I will not post any such statements I do not fully know the answer to in future.
    For anyone looking into produb this is a very good start:

http://www.prsformusic.com/users/rec...rodubfaqs.aspx

You can add another thump at BPM for that Steve. Must be up to six now
    Last edited by yourdj; 18-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You can add another thump at BPM for that Steve. Must be up to six now
    God.... you're really on the ball today, aren't you Toby.

Now read this carefully.....

....MY NAME IS ANGELA

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    God.... you're really on the ball today, aren't you Toby.

Now read this carefully.....

....MY NAME IS ANGELA
    Sorry busy weekend. The steve bit was actually refering to the first bit about the devil
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Yes, He isnt format shifting.
    But he said he was downloading the track to the INTERNAL HDD then, after making sure all the tags are in order, transferring it to the EXTERNAL HDD. It's my understanding that, in order to do this, you do need Produb.

From advice obtained from members of the DJ Working Party who were part of the Produb consultation process and are well respected members of this very forum, I download my tracks directly to my external HDD meaning I can play them on any of my laptops without needing Produb.

To be fair, we've done Produb to death on here and it's been the subject of more mis-information, as highlighted by Toby's comments, than any other subject relevant to our industry. From my observations, Produb has been "in force" for quite a while now but I've seen no evidence that it's being "enforced" by the appropriate (albeit self-appointed) authority which is making it a bit of a joke. The DDJ (Digital DJ) licence that was the predecessor of Produb was a complete farce and, unless MCPS/PPL start to enforce Produb, this licence could well go the same way. In fact, there's recommendations included in the new proposals for the revamped Digital Economy Bill (or whatever the current government are calling it) that has the potential to make Produb redundant (maybe that is what Toby was referring to) but this all depends on the legal wording that is accepted once it is passed through parliament (and before anyone starts quoting forum rules to me, I'm not being political - merely making reference to a potential law currently being debated that could have big consequences on our industry!).
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    ....and before anyone starts quoting forum rules to me, I'm not being political - merely making reference to a potential law currently being debated that could have big consequences on our industry!....
    Perfectly permissible under the forum rules if it directly relates to the job, Daz:-
    Political discussion not directly related to Disco & karaoke issues are prohibited