Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not looking forward to tomorrow..

Yes...this is what I mean.

It's very odd.

I tried telling him but he won't listen.

Charlie, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill, I have seen you kids party video and you did a sterling job of it so don't panic and just do what you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I didn't write my site...VV Web solutions did.
    This is the sort of line I expect to hear from those who like to nick content of other people's websites and when they get caught out the first thing they say is "my web designer wrote it"

Yeah yeah, at some point you signed-off the site and was happy for it to go live so don't try and hide behind that little smokescreen laddy!

If it's on your website, you must offer it, her requests are not OTT, probably bourne out of the result of hearing too many horror stories about kids party DJ's...who remembers this...

http://www.vimeo.com/19023709

and this...

http://www.vimeo.com/19023830
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    When I was 11, the last thing I would want to do is play musical chairs etc...
    Eh?
    I'm 56, and I still enjoy Musical Chairs. Even more so, when we don't use the chairs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I agree with Simon P.
    I did an joint 11th Birthday party last year and they loved that music but I think if I had dared do any of those games, they would have died of embarassment.
    I think this is a case of the mum thinking she knows what the boy will want (unless he is a very 'young 11 year old').
    When I was 11, the last thing I would want to do is play musical chairs etc...
    I had a 14yr old's party before Xmas where they actually ASKED for musical chairs, and musical bumps, and musical statues.... It really all depends on the kids.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I had a 14yr old's party before Xmas where they actually ASKED for musical chairs, and musical bumps, and musical statues.... It really all depends on the kids.

Julian
    At 8, it's innocent fun.

At 11, it's embarrassing.

At 14, it's calculated fun.

Last 12 year-old party we did, they were very into their music, and were pretty grown up in their dress too, but surprisingly they also wanted lots of games.....

...although musical chairs and especially pass the parcel do seem somewhat 'young' for them, I'll admit.

I regularly do (well, did...I dropped it after Xmas - doesn't pay enough) a primary school disco, split into two groups. I think the age divide is along the lines of 5-8, 9-11. If I ever tried to play games with the older age group, they would have no interest whatsoever.
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ford View Post
    I regularly do (well, did...I dropped it after Xmas - doesn't pay enough) a primary school disco, split into two groups. I think the age divide is along the lines of 5-8, 9-11. If I ever tried to play games with the older age group, they would have no interest whatsoever.
    Ah, I've been doing the local school discos for the last 2yrs, which break down into 4-7yrs, 7-9yrs and then 9-11yrs. I've tried doing the 9-11yrs with and without games, if I do them without games, then by the end they're asking for party dances and games If I do it with, I have their full attention the whole time, it's just a case of picking the right games.

Julian