Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mackie Thumps (Kids Parties)

Lightbulb Mackie Thumps (Kids Parties)

Hey all,

Currently for Kids parties I take a set of rather large 15 inch Cerwin Vegas....
    I'm looking for something smaller & lighter to make set up/down a little easier and for the money the Mackie Thumps seem a good bet.

Reviews I've read though haven't been great - however, I don't want them for Weddings with 200 people in - their will be for kids parties with 25 - 55 people.

Do you think these speakers would be suitable for my needs?
    Or would I be wasting my money?

Daley x

How about ONE SRM450 - the amps's built in so you can plug and play?

Would feel strange with just 1?

Quote Originally Posted by DB Entertainments View Post
    Would feel strange with just 1?
    Ben uses one. (Premier events guy) and claims it handles it effortlessly (which I'm not surprised TBH)

Kids party aren't gear oriented, let's be honest.

Hence why you took a full wedding set up to yours lol!

.... seriously though - would rather have 2 speakers - I have them available for other events then also...........

Hey all,

Currently for Kids parties I take a set of rather large 15 inch Cerwin Vegas....
    I'm looking for something smaller & lighter to make set up/down a little easier and for the money the Mackie Thumps seem a good bet.

Reviews I've read though haven't been great - however, I don't want them for Weddings with 200 people in - their will be for kids parties with 25 - 55 people.

Daley x
    I've borrowed a friends set of these a couple of times and they do they job to a point. The largest function I've used them for was in a social club (capacity 120), and they started to show a clip light at what I'd call "reasonable" volume with some of the more bass heavy tracks.

The venue actually had the most ageing and tolerant sound limiter I've ever come across and I was only hitting Orange on it at the time.

I'm sure they'd be fine for kids parties in your average church hall or whatever.

Julian

What about a pair of Warrior Audio PSR 8... 8" Active speakers?

Hey all,

Daley x
    They will be fine as long as you buy the latest version ,the old version has yellow handles not very good ,i have a few pairs in the hire stock and they have been fine in fact quite good for a budget speaker.
    Last edited by TONYTIGER; 27-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

I use a pair of RCF monitor 8 speakers. They are 8" but 300w rms at 8 ohm. Fantastic cabs for their size. There are a couple on ebay at the moment for £250 and if I wanted any more I would buy these.
    They are about 10kgs and small but what a sound for kids parties. The kids I entertain with these are mostly 4-10 yr olds. The amp I drive them with is a 200w rms into 8 ohm 1U Chevin Research high quality amplifer.
    I have one for sale as I bought 2 thinking I would have a spare but never had a problem with the one I use.

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabradisco View Post
    I use a pair of RCF monitor 8 speakers. They are 8" but 300w rms at 8 ohm. Fantastic cabs for their size. There are a couple on ebay at the moment for £250 and if I wanted any more I would buy these.
    They are about 10kgs and small but what a sound for kids parties. The kids I entertain with these are mostly 4-10 yr olds. The amp I drive them with is a 200w rms into 8 ohm 1U Chevin Research high quality amplifer.
    I have one for sale as I bought 2 thinking I would have a spare but never had a problem with the one I use.
    They'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    What about a pair of Warrior Audio PSR 8... 8" Active speakers?
    I've got a set of these and the 150w RMS stated in the specs is a bit optimistic if they're being driven full range. They're fine for quiz's and very small rooms (20' x 20') but completely out of their depth for anything bigger (like school/church halls, etc).

Julian