Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Punched 19" Rack Panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Sorry guys, not the solution(s) I'm after.

I think it will end up with me using D size sockets, unless anyone can come up with the 4 x 4 panel I'm after.
    If you have a local engineering shop near you I'm sure they could put the holes in neatly for a pint of beer
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Possibly worth looking into
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    If you have a local engineering shop near you I'm sure they could put the holes in neatly for a pint of beer
    Possibly worth looking into
    Best solution I've seen so far.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I can make custom rack panels as have access to many machines and I am fully qualified mechanical engineer. If you email me over exact spec and size of what you want I will make you it. I'll even powder coat it for you
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 19-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks Steve, I've replied to your PM.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 03-02-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Right, here's the update to this.

After Steve's kind offer, I decided to go for a complete custom job & had a long think about what I actually wanted there. A very long think.

Finally I decided on L to R: 1x D series, 8x phono, a gap & then 4x D series. (OK, you might say that's not too different to the one I linked to in the first post, but there isn't an IEC inlet on it & I have one more D size hole. There is no way I could've got one of these off the shelf)

On Tuesday, I sent a drawing & description of what I wanted to Steve. This morning bright & early, the postman delivered what appeared to be a baguette & I now have my custom rack panel in my grubby mitts.

I have to say what a pro job it is (& having spoken to Steve over the phone & via PM, I never doubted it would be for one moment).

If any of you ever need a rack panel that is a little out of the ordinary & can't be bought off the shelf from the likes of the companies mentioned in this thread, I seriously recommend that you contact Steve. I even suggested to him he could start a little sideline, making panels.

Top notch job Steve. Thanks once again, you're a star!

(photos later)
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 19-02-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Right, here's the update to this.

After Steve's kind offer, I decided to go for a complete custom job & had a long think about what I actually wanted there. A very long think.
    And a month down the line, something will change, and you'll want a different one.

(photos later)
    Don't take too long, if you show me yours, I may show you one of mine!! ( Except, I know yours will put mine to shame. )

Righto, here we go.

As it arrived

Loaded (L-R: Aux mic in, Phono in x2, Rec out / Phono in (if needed), Booth out / Phono in (if needed), Sub out, USB in x3)

In the case

& especially for Peter, the off the shelf lower panel. (L-R: Mic in, USB in x3, XLR (mixer out) x4 & power in.

I think I've covered every eventuality. Phase one of the firkle-free rig is complete
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 20-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Very very nice mate, I'm not surprisingly very impressed. There seems to be an inordinate number of USB sockets in use, but perhaps that's because you have two Denon controllers in one box.

OK, so you've shamed me, I'll have to dig the camera out of the cable box ( well where else would it be?) and get some happy snaps. Be warned folks, it won't be as elegant as Steve's, and it isn't fitted with dust covers and other embellishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Very very nice mate, I'm not surprisingly very impressed.
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from one of our more respected (if not altogether serious all the time) members.

I must confess to being a bit perplexed at the fact that it took the best part of a day for somebody to comment. Especially as the usual suspects have all been on in the meantime. Some who I expected comments from have been very conspicuous by their absence.

There seems to be an inordinate number of USB sockets in use, but perhaps that's because you have two Denon controllers in one box.
    6 in total, 3 to one hub & 3 to the other (although one of those is there just to power the LED gooseneck) Added so that if I'm working with another DJ, they can plug in without me unplugging mine, & so that if I buy any music between my last update & a gig I can just bung it on a flash drive & update the HDs later.

OK, so you've shamed me, I'll have to dig the camera out of the cable box ( well where else would it be?) and get some happy snaps. Be warned folks, it won't be as elegant as Steve's, and it isn't fitted with dust covers and other embellishments.
    That's as may be, but I'm sure (knowing you) that it will be more than adequate for the job. I look forward to it, as some of your comments partly inspired some of what you see in the photos.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 21-02-2011 at 08:11 AM.