Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Punched 19" Rack Panels.

Thanks very good. I think he will be getting a PM if want to take more orders on.

Aimed at Steve: Well if you'd posted the piccies in the Gallery, which is the place folk expect to find them ................................................

Logical, Captain. I can see why you have the panel at the top of the case, with access to the USB sockets, but I'm not sure I'd have had that cable across the top. Keyboard?

Aimed at all others ( Particularly one high ranking Scottish Gentleman):
    Can you tell what Steve and I are trying to achieve here? Adaptability. Access to controls and sockets not directly needed for every gig, but offering the option to roll with the changes, without delving into the innards of the gear. I know we're all different, which is to be celebrated, but I can see no reason why not to have a watered down version of Steve's system on every case. ( Actually, I can see one reason. I have a very strong inkling of the costs involved in Steve's Meisterwerk. )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    but I'm not sure I'd have had that cable across the top. Keyboard?
    There isn't a cable across the top. The righthand USB socket is powering the LED gooseneck.

The keyboards are inside the 1U drawer (Flightcase Warehouse laptop drawer) which has rear cable access.

(P.S. the photos are in this thread to illustrate the conclusion of my search. It's totally logical Captain)
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 21-02-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    There isn't a cable across the top. The righthand USB socket is powering the LED gooseneck.

The keyboards are inside the 1U drawer (Flightcase Warehouse laptop drawer) which has rear cable access.
    To my poor tired old eyes, that looks suspiciously like a cable to me. I'd have expected a gooseneck lamp to be up in the air over the kit, rather than lurking out of shot. Personally, clumsy ham fisted oaf that I am, I wouldn't want anything extraneous in my field of work. For that very reason, I'll get a pair of cordless headphones one day.

Well done Steve, I hate to say it, but it looks like you may not have to have a radical redesign for quite a while. I seem to have one most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'd have expected a gooseneck lamp to be up in the air over the kit, rather than lurking out of shot. Personally, clumsy ham fisted oaf that I am, I wouldn't want anything extraneous in my field of work.
    Precisely the reason why it's down the side. It's sufficiently bright to illuminate what is needed without being in the way in the slightest. Remember my keyboards are back lit, as are most of the controls on the Denons. Pretty much the only things I need to see (although at a push I can do it by touch) are the little row of Time, Memo, Title & Cont / Single buttons just below the screen
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Looks great Steve, glad it was ok for your needs

As Steve said - I'm more than happy to make any custom rack panels or any other disco related metal work you require. I've made various bits and bobs over the years including wired par can bases, stand adaptors, rack panels etc..

Steve, where did you purchase the USB chasis mount sockets from??

CPC, Order code:AV17908.

I was a bit ham-fisted when I put it in, & I chipped the paint a little, but nothing a bit of black permanent marker won't cure. It was more than OK Steve, it's absolutely spot on!

Lighter pics, so you can see it better in situ.

I'll take some better ones this week if I remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Regards my bit of Show and Tell, it will have to be postponed for a day. My new lights have arrived at my wife's place of work, so I'm off soon to collect the new toy. Piccies of that soon are a strong possibility.

Ooooh, I like that, Steve!

Currently I can't get into the outputs of my mixer without having to get out the toolbox and unscrew the backup HD2500. Something like that would be perfect for me....

.....now who wants to make me one?