Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some "starter" advice

Default Some "starter" advice

Hi Guys,

Never really visit part of the site as karaoke isnt something I push and on the odd chance that I get someone wanting to pay extra for karaoke I can hire it off a local chap for £40.

However......

local bar has requested a karaoke night for a trial period of 4 weeks however I'm liking the chances of this night working so what I'm wanting to know is from the experience KJ's how much money would you expect to spend on a basic database of tracks that would suit a mainly student crowd.

I'm looking for a digital rather than cd based format unless that isnt nearly as cost effective. Reason being is it would be easier to add tracks to the list should the night take off.

I understand that this sort of thing has been covered before however as its not really geared for "mobile disco" more a student night Im hoping to not have to get thousands of tracks for the same 50 to be used week in week out.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Well your songs need to range throughout the years and of course updated weekly, What night is the gig going to be on as I personally wouldnt give up my fri ,sat nights to do karaoke in a pub, i have 300 discs for karaoke and thats still not enough, I know its a student crowd but you will still have to remember they all know the songs mum an dad used to sing around the house and thats mainly what they will sing as well so basically quite a big database but thats just my opinion, I have been to a karaoke night where the kj had 20 discs and still got through the night ok

Its a night during the week Hammy but looking into the hire vs start up costs at the moment.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

No brainer...... Hire for the first 4 weeks at £40 a time you may end up not doing it after the trial, Unless its something you want to add eventually to your gigs

Totally agree. Hire the gear in first and if it works then think about getting your own stuff. Saying that, it's always good for an add-on anyway and once you have the stuff you just make sure you keep it up to date.

Right I'm looking more for figures to get a basic database here. Once I've priced up a few things and taken into account the fact its a service I can offer at a reduced cost to me then I'll make a choice.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

This seems like a good starter pack Nell for £400.

http://www.djdepot.co.uk/index.php?m...oducts_id=3562

Track list.

http://www.djdepot.co.uk/images/MMClassicKaraokeSet.pdf

What you haven't got mate they can't sing, simple, Although resident KJ's have massive collections normally Something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KARAOKE-DISCS-...item2a0dca31e1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    This seems like a good starter pack Nell for £400.

http://www.djdepot.co.uk/index.php?m...oducts_id=3562

Track list.

http://www.djdepot.co.uk/images/MMClassicKaraokeSet.pdf

What you haven't got mate they can't sing, simple, Although resident KJ's have massive collections normally Something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KARAOKE-DISCS-...item2a0dca31e1

Great find that Mark sort of thing I was looking for.

Love the fact on the ebay listing it costs you £20 just to see what tracks hes got!

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

ppentertainments

Pop into ASDA and purchase the '100 Karaoke' series. Think there are about 12 packs and contain everything you need for about £120. Any missing songs select-a-track is your friend

Waits for the incoming fire, but I have used these since November and is all thats needed Nice, simple and cheap
    (have a catalogue done for about 6 discs if you want a track list emailing to give you an idea)

Don't forget, if you're going to be running it from a laptop you will need to learn how to rip karaoke discs (CD+G) into a format that your karaoke program will recognise .I can't think of any laptop cdrom drive that will fully play a CD+G disc , the music will play but you wont be getting the graphics on your display.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.sounds2go.co.uk
    Pen behind the ear ...