Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: DJ Intelligence and DJEP alternative

Default DJ Intelligence and DJEP alternative

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is successfully using an alternative DJ booking/reservation system, other than DJI and DJEP and is written in php.

I have had a look on hotscripts but there does not seem to be anything suitable.

I know that DJI and DJEP are very good products and both have their good and bad points.

I am looking at any possible alternatives.

Thank you.

Mark
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

I've not seen anything that comes close to being a replacement.
    A very simply event planner (ie calendar+database of events) is not too difficult to implement, but as you'd be storing personal details of clients (probably), security would need to be very good.

Some DJ's have their own system, but the work involved to do a good job would probably exclude free/cheap.
    Some other DJ's have hinted they were writing their own as were within weeks of a release.. .but I've yet to see anything.

As a PHP/mySQL developer, I decided it was cheaper to use DJEP than code my own.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I've not seen anything that comes close to being a replacement.
    A very simply event planner (ie calendar+database of events) is not too difficult to implement, but as you'd be storing personal details of clients (probably), security would need to be very good.

Some DJ's have their own system, but the work involved to do a good job would probably exclude free/cheap.
    Some other DJ's have hinted they were writing their own as were within weeks of a release.. .but I've yet to see anything.

As a PHP/mySQL developer, I decided it was cheaper to use DJEP than code my own.
    Yes I am beginning to think that - like you and many others I guess, I started to look at writing my own in php.

It's a project that once you start you wont leave it alone.

I also looked at doing one in Filemaker Pro Server edition, but the way that Filemaker handles web databases is a tad quirky for me.

Thanks for the reply - appreciated.

www.vip-disco.co.uk

This was discussed a while back: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ead.php?t=7344

I did Shaun's, it's not as extensive (some would say bloated) as DJEP / DJI, just gives the client a secure (https) login and keeps track of payments, requests, after-event stuff etc....I think there's a demo on his site.

I also knocked up a quick and easy date-checker a while ago (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...&postcount=96).