Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fayres

Default Wedding Fayres

After at least 10 years (maybe longer) of not doing them, I have decided to re-start exhibiting at them.

A slightly different concept this time - no great big show with lots of lights and speakers as we use to do, but a small PA for announcements and a couple of TFTs showing us in action etc.

The first one we're doing is in one of my Hotels that recommend me and I'm wondering whether to use a banner of some sort with the company name and logo on?

What do you reckon?
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 22-08-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    After at least 10 years (maybe longer) of not doing them, I have decided to re-start exhibiting at them.

A slightly different concept this time - no great big show with lots of lights and speakers as we use to do, but a small PA for announcements and a couple of TFTs showing us in action etc.

The first one we're doing is in one of my Hotels that recommend me and I'm wondering whether to use a banner of some sort with the company name and logo on?

What do you reckon?
    That sounds a good idea with the TFTs showing sample shows, Daz.

We have never done wedding fairs because we always believed that B&Gs attending them expect to see the same DJ that will perform at their Reception, which is virtually impossible from an agency perspective, although have started considering doing something more generic, like an info desk manned by a rep. with brochures, an intranet version of the website, and themed merchandising.

We've done one of these before, and you've got a good game plan there mate. A couple of TFT's go down well. I'd consider taking a few lighting effects, just to grab attention, but as you say, not a huge rig.

Another good thing is some cheap promo goodies. Get a few cheap pens printed with your logo and number. We've still got a few pens, stickers and coasters knocking about

Cheers

I don't want to be taking gear, as that is not what we sell our selves on.

I've found that people buy people, and the best way to seel that is for clients not to be side tracked by loads of gear.

I may even take a projector and have the sample shows going through that - it depends on the room layout.

I'll actually have a PA in the restaurant for the fashion show, another small one in the room they've set up for the wedding breakfast and another in the main rooms, with the tft's and or projector.

I am also planning to have brochures, if they are done on time, to give out. I'm not sure about stickers and pens - I think that might be slightly tacky?

I think I may go for a banner, but a small-ish fairly discreet one.

May I suggest Duo Diaries from the likes of Alders for 2007 with your logo. Im getting some for my disco and passing them around to local businesses as well as my regular clients for family usage Im getting a good deal at £1.99 per diary worth £50 to 100 of my money and I can keep ordering as I need more

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    I am also planning to have brochures, if they are done on time, to give out. I'm not sure about stickers and pens - I think that might be slightly tacky?
    I think the pens are a good idea, they show your professional.

You wouldn't see a market stall with pens saying their stall name, but you would see a shop like o2, Dixons well anyshop, personally i can only think of technical related ones :embarasse
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Darren, I did my first wedding fair a couple of months ago and have just picked up my 5th booking today from someone who saw me there - it works well. The key for us was talking to the visitors. Grab everyone who comes past and talk to them. Take someone with you to catch the ones that you can't catch because you're busy with someone else. Tue true they don't book the gear, but they do book the person, so talk, talk, talk!

No need for a banner at all I think. Maybe something to give a wow factor so they remember you - had I been able to get one, I think I would have taken a 6 foot flame, but have heard maybe a big confettee cannon, but it doesn't have to be directly disco related. Give out sweets, the kids love them and the stall next to ours used chuppa chups or whatever and got lots of attention.

The other tip I would give was something Jamie (Pauljames....) recomended, have postcards made with some photo's of your show (or wedding couples dancing), your logo and contact details - try www.vistaprint.com - very reasonable and great quality AND you can upload your own design.

Good luck

Oh and if you work as a black tie DJ, wear black tie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    Darren, I did my first wedding fair a couple of months ago and have just picked up my 5th booking today from someone who saw me there - it works well. The key for us was talking to the visitors. Grab everyone who comes past and talk to them. Take someone with you to catch the ones that you can't catch because you're busy with someone else. Tue true they don't book the gear, but they do book the person, so talk, talk, talk!

No need for a banner at all I think. Maybe something to give a wow factor so they remember you - had I been able to get one, I think I would have taken a 6 foot flame, but have heard maybe a big confettee cannon, but it doesn't have to be directly disco related. Give out sweets, the kids love them and the stall next to ours used chuppa chups or whatever and got lots of attention.

The other tip I would give was something Jamie (Pauljames....) recomended, have postcards made with some photo's of your show (or wedding couples dancing), your logo and contact details - try www.vistaprint.com - very reasonable and great quality AND you can upload your own design.

Good luck

Oh and if you work as a black tie DJ, wear black tie!
    Cheers Rice.

Although many of the main points there I know about and do anyway - I have done quite a few in my time, but not recently.

There should be at least 3 of us there, so chatting to people is not a problem, and I do like the free sweets idea!

If I don't get the brochures sorted, I may well look at the postcard route.

And if you remember in your thread, I told you to wear black tie,as I always used to when I did these things years ago!

you can get quality looking pens from Alders as well

http://www.adler.co.uk/

have a look at there full range get in early with the diaries before everyone buys them but pens are all year,Postcards are best Idea as well as Brochues get winged at a later date whereas postcards get put on notice board Magnetic Business cards
    for fridges are great as well

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco
    you can get quality looking pens from Alders as well

http://www.adler.co.uk/

have a look at there full range get in early with the diaries before everyone buys them but pens are all year,Postcards are best Idea as well as Brochues get winged at a later date whereas postcards get put on notice board Magnetic Business cards
    for fridges are great as well
    I don't want them anyway, but I would have thought that at a minimum of £1.69 pens and brochures are a tad expensive to be giving away to any Tom **** or Harry.

I would have thought that people at wedding fayres might have a wedding album to put all their information in, so maybe a brochure would end up there.