Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fayres

I have to say I'm more with you on this one Darren (from our experience).

I don't think that pens, etc add much to your presentation and is a cost that you don't really need. Yes, to the monitors (we do something similar with video clips running in a loop on the laptop). You can get quite a little crowd gathered around for that!

We take both brochures and something small like business cards (or the suggested postcards), so that if someone is just collecting names they can take those - but I have to say that the brochures are far more poplular.

The fayres we have done, we have also done the bridal fashion show (as it seems you are doing as well). We do take a rig - but not a full rig by any means. It is usually Steve & I that do them and Steve is usually located with the rig and does background music throughout the Fayre - making sure that he varies it to show that we can cater for anything (you'd be surprised at how many comments are received about that!) We then have a stand which I 'man' in the main fayre - and I usually use another DJ stand covered and turned backwards, so that it looks like a display table (It's just the right height so that you can stand in front and talk to people - the standard tables they supply I tend to find a little low down and you automatically end up sitting behind them like everyone else which puts a barrier between you and potential customers.) The cover I use is a large black cloth with our logo on it - so rather like your sign idea, so yes, I would say that would be worth it personally.

Another thing that I would say is worthwhile is spending a little bit of time thinking about the asthetics of your display - pretty it up a little bit! (ask Sarah for some help and advice on that!!!!! :teeth: ) It shows that you are prepared to make an effort rather than just putting some leaflets on a table.

And lastly, as you have already said - talk to as many people as possible! but (not wishing to teach my grandmother to such eggs) don't do a hard sell! I always have found that just saying hello and asking how their wedding plans are going, or have they set a date yet, or something general along those lines works quite well: it opens the dialogue without them feeling pressured.... and 9 times out of 10 they will very soon start asking you about your services

So, in answer to your original post - yep, I'd say that you were pretty much on the money (although it might be worth you taking the laptop for background music IMO - are you not going to be required to do the music for the Bridal Fashion Show as well as the commentary?)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    (although it might be worth you taking the laptop for background music IMO - are you not going to be required to do the music for the Bridal Fashion Show as well as the commentary?)
    I won't be required to do the commentry as the fashion show people have their own chappy to do that.

I'll probably put the EVS or Mackies in the room that holds the fashion show, and the 2 StagePAS 300s in the other two rooms, one with a CD player (bought for the purpose) and the main exhibiting room will have the lappy with dual screens, one with a show in action and the other to take bookings if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    I won't be required to do the commentry as the fashion show people have their own chappy to do that.

I'll probably put the EVS or Mackies in the room that holds the fashion show, and the 2 StagePAS 300s in the other two rooms, one with a CD player (bought for the purpose) and the main exhibiting room will have the lappy with dual screens, one with a show in action and the other to take bookings if necessary.
    Ah, I see :lightbulb . In which case, sounds like you're totally on the button (IMHO anyway) :teeth:

How about some nice custom gobos?

Wouldn't be very effective without lights to put them in

or in the daylight!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

It's an outdoor event then :teeth: :teeth:

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    or in the daylight!
    They've got this modern invention thing I believe, called........

Curtains!!!!!!! :teeth:

- Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Just looked at that link, Will: "There are a selection of standard Gobos shown below." Are they plain white ones or just invisible to the naked eye?