Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in progress

Default Work in progress

Hi all,

With help from alex, i am learning Joomla and have so far designed this: www.berkshire-discos.co.uk

It is, as I say, a work in progress so I am looking for tips.

tom

You stock parts now do you Tom ?

Also the background reminds me of a Mac desktop background lol

Too soon to mention anything else
    Dave

Your 16 and can service/repair high end gear?
    Nathan.

Get it finished before putting it up
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Tom - I think you need to explain a bit more about your servicing and repairs.

The content is pretty much the same as before which has been commentated on enough in the past - so have nothing further constructive to add on that point.

Otherwise:

I like the new header

Do you need a 'search' facility? I don't think the site is big or complicated enough to warrant it - what do you think people will search for?

Your availability checker doesn't work - is that because it isn't live yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.Lovick View Post
    Hi all,

With help from alex, i am learning Joomla and have so far designed this: www.berkshire-discos.co.uk

It is, as I say, a work in progress so I am looking for tips.

tom

What experience do you have at providing "full technical event production services" and how do you transport all the "Lighting, Sound, Staging and Audio Visual" kit that you have in house???

Are all the pictures in the gallery from your events?
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post

Are all the pictures in the gallery from your events?
    I doubt it.

Tom,
    you are working to improve your site and using this new format i believe you are going alone the right road.

however as has been commented on already there are several point that dont make sense ar need expanding:

the servicing: it is handy that you do this as i need the following done and based your website you can do it within the week and you know what you doing so can you send me a price for the following:
    - i need a cracked reflector replaced in a source 4
    - i have a mac 500 with a bizar problem on the mother board, needs flashing and a software update and possibly one of the driver chips replacing.

as you stock parts for etc can you also send me a extra wide lenes for a s4 par.

while your at it how much to hire the grand ma pictured on your hire page?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    Tom,
    you are working to improve your site and using this new format i believe you are going alone the right road.

however as has been commented on already there are several point that dont make sense ar need expanding:

the servicing: it is handy that you do this as i need the following done and based your website you can do it within the week and you know what you doing so can you send me a price for the following:
    - i need a cracked reflector replaced in a source 4
    - i have a mac 500 with a bizar problem on the mother board, needs flashing and a software update and possibly one of the driver chips replacing.

as you stock parts for etc can you also send me a extra wide lenes for a s4 par.

while your at it how much to hire the grand ma pictured on your hire page?
    Why not send a PM if you are serious about getting a quote?

Or is this just an opportunity to show how clever you are in public (apart from your spelling, punctuation and grammar of course) and a poor attempt to show somebody up?

I also think Tom should explain his new service (and have asked him to expand on it) - but there's really no need for some of you to adopt a childish bullying gang mentality about it!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Why not send a PM if you are serious about getting a quote?

Or is this just an opportunity to show how clever you are in public (apart from your spelling, punctuation and grammar of course) and a poor attempt to show somebody up?

I also think Tom should explain his new service (and have asked him to expand on it) - but there's really no need for some of you to adopt a childish bullying gang mentality about it!
    Your right, i could have sent that but am merely asking what people are thinking.
    I know full well as do you that there might be some truth bending on the site and and just asking if he can do what he says.

I haven't clammed to be clever by any stretch of the imagination and apologise for the spelling and grammer issues in my last post.
    It isn't a poor attempt to show anyone up.

I did give praise for his new approach and am sure this thread will be like the rest. Does 1 person make a gang?