Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Up-lighting

Default Recommendations for Up-lighting

Hello all

I'm looking for some recommendations for up-lighting please.

This would be for my larger gigs, maybe behind me or to bounce of some side walls ?

What options do i have and by all means from budget to standard.

Thanks in advance

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

I have just bought 10 colour bursts. They aren't really really bright but do an 'okay' job and are good value for money. Some people rave about them on here...I need to 'gig them' before I make my final decision.

I would probably go for the 56's though.

I've just bought two of these: http://cpc.farnell.com/ledj/slimline...mline+ledj+par

Bright vibrant colours, iec in and out and with the amber led more colours to choose from. Very pleased with them and will be being more. There's a Youtube video from Mike on Phase One reviewing them.

Very expensive though!

The Pulse 56s from CPC do a great job for the price, although it is more of a dimmer, wider wash on the wall.

Last night I used a couple of American DJ LED 64 Pros and you get a much brighter stripe on the wall. The Blizzard Lighting Pucks are also very good... and their flat which is a bonus!

Depends what type of effect you want.

Stairville par 56's for me
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have just bought 10 colour bursts. They aren't really really bright but do an 'okay' job and are good value for money. Some people rave about them on here...I need to 'gig them' before I make my final decision.

I would probably go for the 56's though.
    Charlie - You do make me laugh.
    You've just bought 10 Colour Bursts - So you went out and spent at least £300.00 (brand new I'm guessing?) on the lights and that's without DMX leads etc...and you think they do an 'ok' job?
    Do you have more money than sense?
    Why did you buy 10 if you think that they are 'ok'? Honestly, I'm cracking up here mate.

"Some People" (as in myself and a few others) rave about them - Yes, because they are awesome little lights that's why! As for not being "really really bright"...I think you'll find that they are more than bright enough, they are just very small.

To the OP - If you do a search on the forum for LEDJ Colourburst, you'll see myself and others 'raving' about them. I have 22 of them at the moment and others have more. You don't keep buying the units if they are no good.
    There is also a little controller that can be used with them called the LIL' MIX which is very simple but effective and great when the units are linked together.

If you need anymore information on them - Just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Charlie - You do make me laugh.
    You've just bought 10 Colour Bursts - So you went out and spent at least £300.00 (brand new I'm guessing?) on the lights and that's without DMX leads etc...and you think they do an 'ok' job?
    Do you have more money than sense?
    Why did you buy 10 if you think that they are 'ok'? Honestly, I'm cracking up here mate.
    Why is that funny?

I paid £300 for dmx leads, stands, power leads, flight cases and the lights.

I knew they weren't going to be as bright as my 56's or 64's. I have a few uplighting jobs in the summer with really high ceilings and I don't think these will be sufficient.

I think it's funny Charlie because you've spent £300.00 on something that you don't seem entirely happy with. What's the point in that?
    If you knew that they weren't going to be as bright as your 56's or 64's then why not buy more of those especially if you don't think they're up to the job when it comes to high ceilings?

I've never had a problem at all - The photo below is an old photo from a few years back now. The ceiling was high as you can see and the lighting in the venue was still on too. I only had 6 units behind me on that wall (you can only see 4) and it looked fine. The only problem I can see when it comes to brightness is if the venue is using them during the day in bright light and then they won't have as good effect but then that's obvious isn't it.