Hi guys and girls,

This is a thread for anyone who accepts cards for payment... or for anyone who still has a SOLO card.

Iincase any of you are unaware... all major card processing companies will no stop accepting and processing solo card transactions as of 31st March.

RBS and Worldpay have confirmed they will stop accepting the cards at the end of Feb, Streamline will continue until some time in march, no exact date given yet.

SOME paypal accounts can no longer accept them, others will eventually be stopped before 31st march

Google Checkout will stop allowing them as of 21st February.

---------------------------------------
What happens if my customer still has a Solo Card?

If you accept cards as payment, then currently the advice being given out is to advise customers in advance that you can no longer accept solo.
For most mobile DJ's this isn't a helpful option, so my best advice is... if you haven't already done so, get a PAYPAL account. Paypal customers can transfer money from their bank account without the use of a card and can then pay you through paypal.

Of course, you can still accept cash/cheque/camels or goats if you want!

But I still have a solo card... what do I do?

Your bank should have issued you a replacement already... but if not...You MUST contact your bank immediately!! Failure to do so means that very soon you will NOT be able to use your debit card to make transactions.

Most banks are now issuing Visa Debit cards as a replacement... or if you have a bad credit rating/bad account history, a Visa Electron.

One high street bank will be issuing "Top Up" Maestro cards... once I find our more info on this one I'll let you know.

------------------------------------------------
You are a SOLO card holder... and currently have any subscription based services that rely on the card... update your details now!

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on this.... chances are some of you already knew the info above, for some it's a surprise... for most it won't affect you in the slightest

But either way, I've done my good deed for the day