Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones.

Default Mobile Phones.

Im looking at changing my mobile phone to a smartphone. How it is at the moment ive got a Samsung Tocco-Lite on a 02 sim only contract.

As well i have mobile broadband with 3 the 15gb per month for £15.00. With the mobile broadband i have never used over 500mb on it. Its mainly used for discos if i have to download any mp3s.

Now what im intending on doing is paying my mobile broadband contract off to get rid of it.

and then get a smartphone with the internet tethering bolt on. I want a better phone that i will be able to recieve emails on the move with it and of course internet access.

I have looked at the iphone 4 but tbh the monthly contract is more than i want to pay per month.

The models ive been looking at are the Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire, Nokia N8 ideally i want to stay with my current provider 02. I wouldnt mind the iphone but only at the right price.

anyone got any recommendations?

cheers

John

Looked at blackberrys?

Hi John,

I have just moved from a Nokia smartphone to a Blackberry and would never go back. Really easy to use, great for handling emails on the move and I use it as a 'modem' at gigs (similar to a dongle).

I am on 3 and I know they got a lot of stick in their early days but the have improved their network a lot and I never have any signal problems.

They have the latest one for around £30/month with 2000mins, 5000texts and 3000 3to3 mins as well as unlimited internet. I get it for £26 but think thats because I'm in my third year with them.

Might be worth a look!

I have a iPhone but I'm actually going back to having a Nokia (N8). As for network, currently on o2 but will probably go the the One Plan with 3. With Quidco you get £106 cashback. You could also use the cashback against the cost of the new iPhone if you don't get the higher tariff.

Edit:

Just seen this on the Three site:

iPhone 4 16GB Black 24 months £35 a month
    Plus £69 upfront cost (Remember that you get £106 cashback via Quidco)
    Includes:
    •2000 any network minutes
    •5000 texts
    •5000 Three-to-Three minutes
    •All-you-can-eat Data
    Last edited by discomobiledj; 20-02-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Steve

If you're intending to use tethering John I'd go with Nokia (don't have experience with Blackberry so can't comment on how tethering works with that platform)

I was peeved when I switched from my Nokia N81 to my 3Gs to find that if I wanted to tether, It was an additional bolt-on at something like £11/month!

My Nokia let me tether via bluetooth simply using my phones GPRS/3G service (whichever was available) with no additional bolt-on required - It was great, had my laptop and TomTom connected to it and it worked like a charm.

I know you're a bit of a Sony fan too, so It might be worth waiting until the Sony Ericsson Experia Play comes out in April.

At the moment im giving it thought about getting the Iphone 4 on 02. But i dont know yet.

The problem with three is i wasnt impressed at all with their network coverage. Ive still got my mobile broadband with three until i cancel it.

Iphone 4 on 02

600 mins unlimited texts
    24 month contract
    Iphone cost £141.96

£35.74 a month

not sure if im going to for that one yet thinking about it. But id like to see some more opinions on other phones as well

I decided against an iPhone in favour of my tried and tested Nokia N8

This is a brilliant little phone with the highest camera resolution at 12 mega pixel and HD video recording - all great for mobile work to capture both videos and photos... Check out my gallery sometime, all the latest photos and videos are taken with my Nokia N8.

It's also good for the Internet, email and social networking like a small office lol

Great as an emergency backup player to as it has a 3.5mm output as well as an HDMI output for direct connection to an HDTV

All in all a great all rounder

Thanks

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    I decided against an iPhone in favour of my tried and tested Nokia N8

This is a brilliant little phone with the highest camera resolution at 12 mega pixel and HD video recording - all great for mobile work to capture both videos and photos... Check out my gallery sometime, all the latest photos and videos are taken with my Nokia N8.

It's also good for the Internet, email and social networking like a small office lol

Great as an emergency backup player to as it has a 3.5mm output as well as an HDMI output for direct connection to an HDTV

All in all a great all rounder

Thanks

Glenn
    You really think it's better than the iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    You really think it's better than the iPhone?
    I really do not rate the iPhone ... That's my opinion.

Each to their own i suppose
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

iPhone 4 all the way.

Superb piece of kit that is yet to be beaten. I would hold fire a few months and wait for number 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    I really do not rate the iPhone ... That's my opinion.

Each to their own i suppose
    You've used, tried and tested it for a couple of weeks then?