Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: American DJ Mega Bar 50 RGB RC

Default American DJ Mega Bar 50 RGB RC

Hey guys,

Received my Mega Bar's yesterday morning (as promised, thanks DJKit!) and i'm thrilled with 'em!

I bought the twin pack from the DJKit website, which arrived with the two mega bars (each including manual, Euro IEC lead, Remote & brackets), 2x Euro plug adaptors and a free QTX 1.5m DMX lead (which I wasn't expecting, but it's a nice inclusion)

I had a quick play around in the office and couldn't get over how bright they were! - even in a well-lit office in daylight they still kicked out a hell of a lot of light!

Lunchtime came and I linked the two together via the DMX lead - herein lies the only downside. Although the units are remote controllable, one remote will control two fittings - even when one is set in slave mode!

The problem lies in that say you want to change from Auto mode to Sound Active mode for example, One unit is the master, the other is set to slave - pointing the remote at the units (if they're in close proximity to each other) and pressing a button on the remote will bring the unit set as the slave, out of slave mode and follow the instructions from the remote control.

This is only an issue when the lights are in close proximity to one another.

Perhaps a better implementation would have been to disable the IR sensor when a unit is set to slave mode.

Eventually I intend on having everything controlled by a single controller via DMX so this won't be much of a problem - I'll simply set them via the buttons on the back for the time being.

brief video of them in action below - the two lights on either end of the stand are iSolution iShow4's running in master/slave. everything is hung from the truss-lite via Ultimax UMGC25165 clamps (the ones with the longer drop)

Last edited by mattydinx; 22-02-2011 at 09:45 AM.

i've always been happy with my mega bars,bright and easy to use.........now they come with remote control,what next.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

A quality piece of kit - I use one x 1m bar behind me normally.

you could cover the remote sensor on the slave unit (assuming it's infra-red)?

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    you could cover the remote sensor on the slave unit (assuming it's infra-red)?
    Only problem with that is that the sensor is on the front of the unit amongst the LED's - I'd have to take the unit apart to cover it up fully

Am I losing the plot with these?
    I have 4 of them and have been using them for a while and I am happy with them...........BUT
    I can't seem to get them to stay on static RED?
    According to the PDF manual and also on some videos on YouTube, C001 should be red but it's coming up as mixed?
    I've only noticed yesterday when setting up the Uplighting for last nights wedding. I am in the same venue over Christmas and am supplying Uplighting for the Christmas parties in red.
    I have 8 of the KAM192RGB Panels which are more powerful and will be enough to be honest but I want to try and suss this out just incase I have a job in the future for red uplighting where I will need to use the Megabars too.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Sorry, sussed it! I didn't read the manual properly. It's Drgb mode that sorts it.
    D'oh! (sorry about that).
    Last edited by Shakermaker Promotions; 18-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Take off the ends slide off the plastic screen , Black Marker over the remote sensor ..... works a treat!
    WOODY

I just got a couple of the lithium battery powered ones to try out (using Gear for DJ's 15% discount.)

Other than a 1A fuse blowing straight away, they seem OK. I got baffled by the red too but I think it can be done if you look at the instructions for RGB dimmer mode and then set the flash to 00. There is probably a much more logical way though!!