Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Top 20 - Created by DJs for DJS

Default UK Top 20 - Created by DJs for DJS

Hello guys and gals,

CD Pool is pleased to present a brand new weekly compilation that has been created as a result of feedback from our members and other voices, this is the 'UK Top 20'. Only your choices are considered by emailing [email protected] and as it's a weekly compilation it's a fantastic way to stay up to date on what you, as DJs, consider are the best songs to get people moving on the dance floor! Check it out!

http://www.cdpool.com/charts/this-weeks-top-20/

Let us know what you think!

excellent stuff

i notice a trend these days to feature someone on your song more and more, a quick count of the top 20 songs listed here shows 13 either with or featuring someone else...
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

Looks good. It'd be good if we were able to click and buy individual tracks on the list. Are there any plans for this?

Massive apologies I chose my words incorrectly! It is a Chart and NOT a compilation. However, do you think a weekly download or physical would be a useful tool? Thanks for all your feedback so far!

A weekly download would be great, especially if it only included the mixes that are made available to broadcasters. Maybe making this a criteria & pointing out to the record companies that they will increase their royalties if they supply a mix that is playable anywhere would help with the explicit lyrics issue.

After all how many DJs do kids parties (for example) & can't use a large number of tracks because of the content.

Once word got round that CD Pool Downloads was the place to go for clean mixes, you'd be laughing.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    do you think a weekly download or physical would be a useful tool? Thanks for all your feedback so far!
    I think it'd be a nice addition. There was a track I clicked to listen to and quite liked in the new chart you posted, but couldn't justify paying the £21.95 for the compilation album it was on as I only really wanted that one individual track. As it happens I'll most likely source that track from another retailer now. Had the option been there to purchase individually I'd have spent my money with CD Pool. It seems a shame that you're posting charts with the option to listen to the individual tracks, only for me to buy it elsewhere because of the current limitations in purchasing single tracks at CD Pool. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Once word got round that CD Pool Downloads was the place to go for clean mixes, you'd be laughing.
    I agree and don't think anyone else does this.

Look at the charts - full of 'urban' tunes that kids love and ask for and we are sometimes limited in what we can play.

I agree with Shaun about single track downloads too.

Also, what about a package that only contains new entries? OK so the price would have to vary from week to week depending on the number of new entries, but it's worth thinking about (clean mixes again obviously)
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    A weekly download would be great, especially if it only included the mixes that are made available to broadcasters. Maybe making this a criteria & pointing out to the record companies that they will increase their royalties if they supply a mix that is playable anywhere would help with the explicit lyrics issue.

After all how many DJs do kids parties (for example) & can't use a large number of tracks because of the content.

I agree as well, I notice that Mastermix have removed the "expletive free tag" from Pro-Disc, which is a bit worrying!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I think it should be pointed out to record companies that they are missing out on a seriously untapped market.

How many functions are there every week where the unedited version of a track would be inappropriate or unusable? How many extra copies of a track sold does that equate to?